Hi there,

Just have some dumping questions for psx dumps, i'd like to contribute a few games i have.

There's just a few info tags that aren't explained in the guide. First one is "Anti-modchip", how do i get this piece of info?

Second thing I'm unsure about is the factory write offset. The guide explains how to get the factory write offset for multi-track (CDDA) games by browsing the pregap in isobuster. However i see quite a lot of entries in the redump database that have the factory write offset for single track images. How do i get the write offset for a single track game?

Also for libcrypt output, shall i just post the sectors.log file or should i include the entire output from psxt001z --libcryptdrvfast?

I'm also guessing that I get "Track Length" from EAC? I've only got single track games to put up.

"Ring" I'm guessing is the characters written on the inner circle underneath the CD.

Thanks for any help

325damien wrote:

There's just a few info tags that aren't explained in the guide. First one is "Anti-modchip", how do i get this piece of info?

You can see if your game is on the psx copy protection list linked in the guide (archive.org is pretty slow, so bear with it). iR0b0t has suggested loading the game in pSX with a firmware of the wrong region, so that's worth a shot. As you'll see on that list though, some games have their protection trickily hidden, so realistically you might not find the copy protection on a game unless you complete it.

Really though, if it's not on that list and you can start the game on the wrong region's firmware, it's fine. The only copy protection that really matters is libcrypt, as it's dependent on data in the subcode which isn't submitted to the database. Anti-modchip is more or less for informational purposes only, since it's outside of the scope of redump, so don't worry about it too much.

325damien wrote:

How do i get the write offset for a single track game?

You need a Plextor drive. There's a utility (px_d8) that can automatically detect combined offsets, including single track discs.

325damien wrote:

Also for libcrypt output, shall i just post the sectors.log file or should i include the entire output from psxt001z --libcryptdrvfast?

Unless libcrypt is detected, you don't need to. The sectors.log contains all the relevant information, so it should be fine on its own.

325damien wrote:

I'm also guessing that I get "Track Length" from EAC? I've only got single track games to put up.

Hmm? Track length is determined by the filesize automatically when your clrmame dat is parsed.

325damien wrote:

"Ring" I'm guessing is the characters written on the inner circle underneath the CD.

Yep.

Hi again,

Thanks for the response. The only thing I'm not clear on is the track length. I've got the dat file from clrmamepro, but it only gives me the checksums for the image. What do I do to get the tracklength?

4 (edited by velocity37 2010-05-24 12:52:36)

325damien wrote:

What do I do to get the tracklength?

The track length is derived from the filesize (contained in the clrmame dat).

A second is made up of 75 sectors, and a minute of 4,500 sectors (75*60). Thus a track with a filesize of 696,438,960 bytes is made up of 296,105 sectors, each 2,352 bytes long. So, we divide by 4,500 and get 65 minutes, the remainder (3,605) by 75 to get 48 seconds, and a remainder of 5 sectors, or .05 seconds.

You don't have to calculate this yourself though, because it will all be done for you.

Once you've got a few dumps under your belt, you'll get dumper status, which will allow you to use the "new disc" menu. In the meantime, you post your dumps in the dumps forum and a moderator will do this for you. To better understand what information you should give about your dumps, I've attached a screenshot of the new disc menu.

There's only a couple fields that the guide doesn't mention, like whether the disc has EDC (psxt001z.exe tells you this), how many errors the image has, and to post the barcode and the ring code. psxt001z will also tell you the EXE date, saving you the time of actually having to find it yourself.

Looking forward to the dumps smile

Post's attachments

New_PSX_Form.png 78.52 kb, 16 downloads since 2010-05-24 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.