Hey there,

I'm going to buy 2 new drives for dumping. I need to dump the following:

• audio cds (soundtracks) using EAC

• video dvds using isobuster

• pc/ps2 dvds using isobuster

Can anyone recommend some good drives, or at least manufacturers?
I want to buy 2 different drives, so that I can compare the results as best as possible.
I thought of LITE-ON and SONY OPTIARC.

Anyone has anything to say regarding this matter?

Thanks in advance!

I think that any persons with brains regarding this matter would recommend you to buy a Plextor PX-7*** (preferably 716/755/760)..

Another candidate would prolly be the Samsung SH-D162D, because it's also a versatile (Also works for Xbox(360) and Dreamcast) and reliable drive.

RiMMER wrote:
  • video dvds using isobuster

• pc/ps2 dvds using isobuster

those can be dumped with any drive without problems.

RiMMER wrote:
  • audio cds (soundtracks) using EAC

For discs with audio tracks the best choice would be a drive with over-read function.
There are plenty of them, some are listed here -> http://www.daefeatures.co.uk/search.php (use with cause lol)

I would recommend a real Plextor roll and/or Lite-on SOHD-167T (it can over-read and can be used for Dreamcast dumping also)

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

That link that robot gave isn't accurate btw, so you shouldn't use it for decision making.

ahh, didn't know lol roll

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

It looks like the PX-760A isn't sold in stores anymore, I would rather go to best buy or Comp USA to pick one up rather than wait for it to ship on ebay.

What would be the best drive that's available in stores now? I don't want to spend a ton of money but I'm looking for something that will get the job done.

I currently have

Windows 7 computer
- TSSTcrop SH-S223L +6

Windows XP
- TSSTcorp TS-H552D +6
- HL-DT-ST GSA-H55L +102

I'm looking to add another drive to my Windows 7 computer. Any suggestions would be helpful, thank you!

You're much better off getting a PX760A on ebay.. Who cares if you have to wait a couple days for it? It will save you a lot of headache in the future... nj7 is also in the US and he got one last week or so from ebay.com. We can't help you with newer models, because we don't know them, but most of them probably aren't any good.

thanks for the tip, I'll be on the look out for a decently priced one :-)