Ok so now I'm dumping Mortal Kombat Mythologies Sub-Zero for the playstation which is a single track disc.

I extracted the track in IsoBuster relabeled it to Track01.bin

But how do I create a cue sheet for a single track disc or is one even necessary?

I'm also trying to dump Vanak for the PSX however I ran into some trouble.

I can't find any garbage data in the second track I looked using both of my drives i.e.

- GSA-H55L drive with an offset of +102
- TS-H552D drive with an offset of +6

I understand why the TS-H552D drive didn't work because it only has an offset of 6 but wouldn't the other driver with and offset of 102 be sufficient to detect any garbage data in track two?

2 (edited by velocity37 2010-04-21 05:39:59)

Specialt1212 wrote:

I extracted the track in IsoBuster relabeled it to Track01.bin

But how do I create a cue sheet for a single track disc or is one even necessary?

Have ISOBuster make a cuesheet for you, or you can just use this cuesheet for PSX:

FILE "Track01.bin" BINARY
  TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00

Specialt1212 wrote:

I'm also trying to dump Vanak for the PSX however I ran into some trouble.

I can't find any garbage data in the second track I looked using both of my drives i.e.

- GSA-H55L drive with an offset of +102
- TS-H552D drive with an offset of +6?

Unfortunately, -647 is a fairly common offset for PlayStation games. It would be unsafe to assume an offset we can't see, though.

PC recycling stores are good places to look for cheap drives, if you have any around you. I have a few around my city, and they always have stacks of CD-ROM drives on the cheap ($1 for me). Just bring a Smartphone/PocketPC/NDS/PSP/etc with the Accuraterip list with you and look for a drive with a huge offset. I found an "HP - CD-Writer+ 8100" with an offset of +1160, for instance.

On eBay you can get a IDE/SATA to USB kit for about $7 (China), if you don't want some ugly old drive in your tower.

Or you can always pick yourself up a Plextor, which will automatically detect offsets for you with px_d8. You can grab a PX-760A on eBay for ~$30 shipped with some luck.

Thank you for the suggestion.

This is the cue sheet that Iso Buster generated.

I just changed CD.iso to Track01.bin  do I need to make any other changes to the cue sheet?

FILE "Track01.bin" BINARY

REM ORIGINAL MEDIA-TYPE: CD

REM SESSION 01        ; Not supported by other applications (*)
    TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
      INDEX 01 00:00:00
      REM MSF: 00:00:00 = LBA: 0

REM (*) SESSION directives are unfortunately not properly supported
REM     'out there'.  IsoBuster however supports them !

Go to options -> image files -> iso/bin/tao lower tab -> untick default iso to bin extension. Tat way you know if an image is 2352 or 2048 in a glance and it saves you the trouble of renaming. Its nitpicking maybe but it helps.

that actually does, thank you!