I have yet to dump anything but I would like to start being as I have a lot of PSX and PS2 discs that haven't been dumped yet and I would like to support this project.  I would just like to see what everything is supposed to look like when dumping so I can at least compare what I am doing to ensure I am doing it correctly.  And then once everything is done, see what information you are looking at and posting in the forums.  I've read the user guides and I'm sure I can figure it out once I try it on my own, but a video would sure help me feel more confident that I am doing something right.  Thanks.

2 (edited by velocity37 2010-04-21 05:16:05)

Hopefully this will help:
Flash Stream
SpeedyShare Download

Correction: 14:56 should say "sector" instead of "track".
Include the disc write offset in your post (Garbage data (combined) offset - your drive's offset)

I hope that covers about anything you'll need to know. I went over dumping Playstation games with audio tracks, including some special situations and troubles you might run into. Because of that, it is very long, but hopefully it covers any potential troubles you might run into.

If you're dumping data-only, just right-click extract raw the track in ISOBuster on a couple drives and make sure the checksums match (with a tool like DAMN HashCalc).

Things I didn't make clear, though should be done:
Be sure to dump the data track multiple times, in multiple drives, and make sure all the checksums match after the psxt001z fix (with a tool like DAMN HashCalc).

Always use the combined offset (the one you find by counting lines of garbage) in EAC offset correction. To find the factory offset from the combined offset, do: combined offset - drive offset (look up your drive in this list). So a combined +669 in a +667 drive would be 669-667 = +2 factory write offset. You can only do this for data+audio discs without a Plextor.

Use psxt001z to check for anomalies. When running it with plain "psxt001z.exe track01.bin", it will tell you the expected total filesize of the image. If the sum of your data+audio track bin files don't match up, something is wrong.

Props on an excellent video tutorial.  It covers quite a few of the common scenarios.  I've always thought of making a tutorial (video or txt) explaining the basics of dumping, like what are offsets (read, write and combined), and how it affects how data is on the disc, and how it's read, so new people not only dump like robots, but know exactly the awesome work that they are doing.

Thanks.  I'm going to try my first dump tomrrow.  Hopefully the video will make me understand it better.

might be a good idea to put this on youtube?

All my posts and submission data are released into Public Domain / CC0.

Does the link actually work for anyone? I can't download that video .. it redirects me here.

7 (edited by velocity37 2010-03-26 18:50:16)

user7 wrote:

might be a good idea to put this on youtube?

I'll find a free webhost to dump a flash player and the MP4 on.

Screen captures are very sensitive to scaling, so I think YouTube would make the text hard to read.

RiMMER wrote:

Does the link actually work for anyone? I can't download that video .. it redirects me here.

Strange. Maybe they block regions or something? It's been downloaded by 5 people.

I've added a streaming player on Google Sites. Try that.

The link worked for me.  Took me right to speedyshare.  Maybe you have some kind of adware on your computer which is redirecting you.

So I did my first dump yesterday using a combination of the guide, velocity37's video, and help from everyone in the IRC chatroom.  Everything went well and I wanted to thank everyone for their help.  I'll be dumping more games when I get the time.  I've only dumped single track games for now so if anyone needs help or more info on single track games please feel free to contact me and I will help where I can.

can some one re upload Redump Tutorial.mp4