Hello my friend i am having a headache with the PSX games, can you help me?

I am trying to run these on ePSXe, i mount the image with the PowerISO, idont use the daemon tools because i am on a Vista and the daemon dont runs on Vista.

I mount the image with the cue, so i think the program load everything ok, i already configure the ePSXe CD-Rom to the right letter, but when i click on run CD.....its all black and stays this way.....

Can someone help?

Oh, and often i see some people saying PC and PSX dumps from redump.org are garbage and they cant run and everything....

I dont think this way i am a grat fan of yours work and you are reference for me, i only download games from no-intro and redump.org database unless you still not have dumped yet.

I only want to undestand why these people says this?

Please dont get me wrong, like i said i like your work, its only a question and isnt my opinion.

many people dont take the time to properly uncompress the roms, they are too stupid to read the accompanying text to the torrent they download. these games are as close to original as possible, so i dont see any validity in the anti-PSX rhetoric, i cant see how redump.org PSX games would run worse than others.

All my posts and submission data are released into Public Domain / CC0.

user7 wrote:

many people dont take the time to properly uncompress the roms, they are too stupid to read the accompanying text to the torrent they download. these games are as close to original as possible, so i dont see any validity in the anti-PSX rhetoric, i cant see how redump.org PSX games would run worse than others.

Yes thats what i dont understand, i think the same way as you.

The problem with emulators is the multi-track format, you have to mount. Delete poweriso is useless crap, use alcohol or DT lite, it worked on Win 7 I assume it will on vista too.

And PC games run fine, even the majority of protections. And remember that an image doesnt have to be a pakkiso'd bin/cue. Thtas what most people hate, it can be anthing, clonecd, alcohol, as long as it matches. But thats another discussion, we can talk about it off the forum.

ghost wrote:

The problem with emulators is the multi-track format, you have to mount. Delete poweriso is useless crap, use alcohol or DT lite, it worked on Win 7 I assume it will on vista too.

And PC games run fine, even the majority of protections. And remember that an image doesnt have to be a pakkiso'd bin/cue. Thtas what most people hate, it can be anthing, clonecd, alcohol, as long as it matches. But thats another discussion, we can talk about it off the forum.

Thanks for your advice Ghost i will search and try this 2 programs. big_smile

I dont mid about the pakkiso'd bin/cue, all the redump images that i have its in this format, and i like it.

evilsidius wrote:

I dont mid about the pakkiso'd bin/cue, all the redump images that i have its in this format, and i like it.

Just be sure that you only use one or the other since they tend to conflict with each other sometimes. Daemon Tool Lite is completely free and should work just fine (just be sure that you DO NOT install the ad-ware filled toolbar that it prompts you about during install). Alcohol 120% on the other hand is a paid program which you would either have to buy a key for or risk using a crack. The one thing that it has over DT is that it can rip and burn discs as well as use images in it's virtual drive.

Haldrie wrote:
evilsidius wrote:

Just be sure that you only use one or the other since they tend to conflict with each other sometimes. Daemon Tool Lite is completely free and should work just fine (just be sure that you DO NOT install the ad-ware filled toolbar that it prompts you about during install). Alcohol 120% on the other hand is a paid program which you would either have to buy a key for or risk using a crack. The one thing that it has over DT is that it can rip and burn discs as well as use images in it's virtual drive.

Thanks for the tip, i already installed the DT and i like it, its working flawess.
But now i am having problems with the sound tongue

Anyone knows a better emulator tha ePSXe 1.6, this emulator its to complicated and one configuration works with one game dont works with another.....and until now i dont make a 100% emulation tongue always dont run video or sound or a bad video tongue

Anyone knows a better emulator?

Thanks

http://psxemulator.gazaxian.com/

Three years and still going strong.

Thanks a lot my friend this is a real good emulator best of all for Playstaion, all my redump.org PSX games thati tested so far worked flawess.

Now anyone knows a good N64 emulator? I already try the Project64 but all games i tried dont work.
I hate those plugins.

I tried several games like Mario Tennis, Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time and Killer Instinct Gold, some games work with a lot of glitches.

Or if anyone knows a configuration that works with most games, please tell me.

Thanks

evilsidius wrote:

Thanks a lot my friend this is a real good emulator best of all for Playstaion, all my redump.org PSX games thati tested so far worked flawess.

Now anyone knows a good N64 emulator? I already try the Project64 but all games i tried dont work.
I hate those plugins.

I tried several games like Mario Tennis, Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time and Killer Instinct Gold, some games work with a lot of glitches.

Thanks

Unfortunately when it comes to N64 emulation Project64 is about as good as it gets. I agree that the whole plugin system that was introduced with PCSX was a horrible idea since every emulator that used it since has not only been difficult to setup because of the number of plugins you have to configure but it also causes horrible compatibility with many games. I've notice that emulators that do not use any type of plugin system work many times better then ones that do and sadly there isn't a single N64 emulator that I know of that does not use plugins.

Haldrie wrote:
evilsidius wrote:

I hate those plugins.

Thanks

Unfortunately when it comes to N64 emulation Project64 is about as good as it gets. I agree that the whole plugin system that was introduced with PCSX was a horrible idea since every emulator that used it since has not only been difficult to setup because of the number of plugins you have to configure but it also causes horrible compatibility with many games. I've notice that emulators that do not use any type of plugin system work many times better then ones that do and sadly there isn't a single N64 emulator that I know of that does not use plugins.

Thats really a bad news...I love some N64 games, the nintendo games are so good as usual.
And i cant make any game work with any configuration, one time i get blue screen on Windows  big_smile

Thanks

N64 emulator discussions are for emulation forums, not Redump. Topic closed.