Since the subheader for this forum topic also contains "emulation", I decided to ask this after all, even though I can imagine replies like "disc preservation is not about being able to play the games in question", but I'll ask anyway.

I tried running about 10 redump images in nullDC and it crashed right when it started actually accessing the image.

It didn't crash with those crappy scene down-samples images ...

Can anyone point me to what am I doing wrong / how to actually emulate those images to play them?

Thanks in advance!

NullDC (or, more specifically, NullDC's GDI plugin) doesn't like long filenames with spaces. I remember someone in this forum (themabus?) made a modified version that supported them, but I can't find it right now. Alternatively you could just rename the tracks to short names (track01.bin, etc) and modify the GDI file to point to them.

yea, i just changed parser string in original plug-in
http://www.mediafire.com/?ym2acwgr3dn
place it in nullDC 'plugins' directory and it should show up with [quotes hack] tag
for GDIs without quotes you should switch back to unmoded plugin

Oh that's straightforward, thx. I have no problem renaming the files and then rewrite the gdi content accordingly, so I'll go for that way, but I'll download and keep themabus' parser.

Thx for your help.