I'm aware that combining all the tracks of a Redumped title is as simple as using "copy /b", but how easy would it be to determine the correct positions of said tracks afterwards so that you can adjust the cuesheet accordingly and it'll still remain accurate?

Did try googling around for information, but it seems nobody's said anything or given out a dummies' guide.  So any help round here is muchly appreciated. :-)  Thanks!

Mount image (.cue) on a virtual drive (daemon tools) and then simply create a cue with correct sttings via EAC appending gaps to previous track as in the dump guide. Then you have only to edit it for obvious corrections (image name, etc.).

My patch requests thread
--------------------------------

better to use cdmage and load the cue sheet, and save the image to a different directory.

Plextor PX-760A 1.07 (+30) : Plextor PX-716SA 1.11 (+30) : Plextor PX-W5224A 1.04 (+30) : Plextor PX-W4824 1.07 (+30) : Plextor PX-W4012TA 1.07 (+98) : Plextor PX-W1610TA (+99) : Plextor PX-W1210TA 1.10 (+99) : Lite-On LTR-48246S (+6) : Lite-On LTR-52246S (+6) : Lite-On LH-20A1H LL0DN (+6) : BenQ DW1655 BCIB (+618) : ASUS DRW-2014L1 1.02 (+6) : Yamaha CRW-F1 (+733) : Optiarc SA-7290H5 1H44 (+48) : ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.02 (+6)

4 (edited by FitzRoy 2010-01-18 11:38:38)

This is related to something I also don't understand about CD ripping. Why separate the disc data into a bunch of segments when a cue sheet can do that differentiation for you? At least if you rip the disc to a single file, user error regarding pregaps and shit can't affect the data's integrity/hash, only the cue

FitzRoy wrote:

This is related to something I also don't understand about CD ripping. Why separate the disc data into a bunch of segments when a cue sheet can do that differentiation for you?

Different discs can have the same tracks.

FitzRoy wrote:

At least if you rip the disc to a single file, user error regarding pregaps and shit can't affect the data's integrity/hash, only the cue

Wrong. Data tracks are stored on CD in a different form (scrambled), audio tracks are stored "as is", so the gap issues _can_ affect the single file dump.

Also the single dump will have data missing from the end of the last track due to the write offset most of the time.

Plextor PX-760A 1.07 (+30) : Plextor PX-716SA 1.11 (+30) : Plextor PX-W5224A 1.04 (+30) : Plextor PX-W4824 1.07 (+30) : Plextor PX-W4012TA 1.07 (+98) : Plextor PX-W1610TA (+99) : Plextor PX-W1210TA 1.10 (+99) : Lite-On LTR-48246S (+6) : Lite-On LTR-52246S (+6) : Lite-On LH-20A1H LL0DN (+6) : BenQ DW1655 BCIB (+618) : ASUS DRW-2014L1 1.02 (+6) : Yamaha CRW-F1 (+733) : Optiarc SA-7290H5 1H44 (+48) : ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.02 (+6)

Nexy wrote:

better to use cdmage and load the cue sheet, and save the image to a different directory.

This turned out to work better than the method suggested by RocknRoms - cheers for that. big_smile

The problem with EAC is that when creating a cuesheet based on "Current Gap Settings" it lists the tracks as if they were seperate WAV files, rather than referencing start points and pregaps within a BIN file.

The new BIN CDMage creates thankfully matches exactly with a BIN created through the "copy /b" method in CRC32, MD5 etc hashes.

Nexy wrote:

Also the single dump will have data missing from the end of the last track due to the write offset most of the time.

PerfectRip is able to do the single file dumps with offset correction, so, no problem with that.

marzsyndrome wrote:

The problem with EAC is that when creating a cuesheet based on "Current Gap Settings" it lists the tracks as if they were seperate WAV files, rather than referencing start points and pregaps within a BIN file.

Also, EAC is horrible at detecting the correct pregaps and, especially, postgaps.

After you do that, mount and redump again as i it was an actual cd in an physical drive. same settings in EAC except leave the offset at 0. And check the pregap o track02. It will be very fast process since it does that from the hard drive. I allways do it with my personal backups.

marzsyndrome wrote:

You don't have to save as "Current Gap Settings", there's another option. Sorry I don't remember how it's named, I have to check.
You don't even have to redump anything.

F1ReB4LL wrote:

Also, EAC is horrible at detecting the correct pregaps and, especially, postgaps.

Here there's no problem about EAC detecting bugs because everything is loaded from a .cue file so it takes whats on the .cue loeded on virtual drive. By the way I could be wrong.

My patch requests thread
--------------------------------

when you dump a single image with EAC it creates a new cue automatically. "test & copy image & create cue" is called. its similar to clonecd cue.

Rocknroms wrote:
F1ReB4LL wrote:

Here there's no problem about EAC detecting bugs because everything is loaded from a .cue file so it takes whats on the .cue loeded on virtual drive. By the way I could be wrong.

I've thought he was trying to compare EAC vs. single file dumps.