Hi there.

I recovered this game in my house which is FIFA 98 - Road to World Cup, none versions were in database so I think it's a great news.

I successfully dumped it and checked the dump and every MD5 matches so it's great.

I have a little question about the language of this game. Since this game was sold in France, the French language is set by default but when I went in the Options menu, I saw that it was possible to modify the in-game text, in 6 languages. The available languages are English, Français, Deutsch, Espanõl, Svenska and Nederlands (exacly written as in the game was).

So, my problem is, how I'll set the correct name of the image, since this PAL release is Multi 6 but with the French language set by default ?

Thank you in advance for reading me.

I'm so sorry for my ugly English!

Hello, moonlight!

I don't see a problem in here at all. Just list all 6 languages that are available to use and set the region to "France". That's what should be done I believe. As long as you are sure the dump is correct, this little detail can be corrected in the future if necessary.

3 (edited by amarok 2009-12-31 19:57:01)

I'd say since the game is set to French by default, this version most likely has only been released in France that way, hence its region has to be France (unless of course the PSX is capable of checking the bios language and adjusting the game accordingly? I don't really know that). My theory is being supported by the fact that the dump in the DB seems to contain all common languages except French.

The game languages are En,Fr,De,Es,Sv,Nl, no doubt here if you checked properly smile

Edit: RiMMER was quicker but since his opinion matches mine you should go for it and add it that way big_smile

Thanks for your replies RiMMER and amarok !

OK, then I'll post tomorrow the dump info in the dump section forum smile

Yeah amarok that's right, the PSX isn't capable to modify the in-game language by checking the BIOS, I understood it because the BIOS I used for the test in the emulator is a USA one. So with a English USA BIOS, the game stay in French? The only possible solution is the French language is set by default.

Hey RiMMER my friend i'm glad to see you! I hadn't forgotten you about suppling Resident Evil discs. In few weeks I'll able to dump Dreamcast games and I'm preparing a special release for you which is Resident Evil Code Veronica (France)! I have the Resident Evil 2 (France) PC version too for you. I'll inform you when I have time to do this!

Happy new year everyone in advance!

Sure, moonlight. And while you're here, check the latest dumps just added to the database smile) a LOAD of resident evil stuff smile)

Happy new year to you too !

RiMMER wrote:

Sure, moonlight. And while you're here, check the latest dumps just added to the database smile) a LOAD of resident evil stuff smile)

Happy new year to you too !

Yeah I saw it so GREAT JOB you done!! big_smile

You have got some really rarities stuffs smile