Could we get a year column when listing discs? I mean the listing when you go to "Discs" and then click one of the categories; or when you do a search like "command". While all the info in the listing is nice, I am missing this little data for the listing to be really valuable.

I also think that a "year=" tag in the XML datfiles would do no harm. Actually any data could be put in the XML datfiles, like disc number id and such, but I think I understand they're not data oriented but file oriented so maybe adding the year would lead to more requests to put even more info in the datafiles, and that might not be what you wanted. It would be close to make the whole DB generally available, and if you haven't done it yet, I guess you have your reasons.

So in short, with the first suggestion I would be more than satisfied.

good suggestion, i would like to see the redump database include more information in the future, such as game publisher etc if practical, however every additional piece of info that needs to be researched takes up more time and for 10 000 discs it can be a big burden

All my posts and submission data are released into Public Domain / CC0.

adding the year would lead to more requests to put even more info in the datafiles

You have replied on your own. IMO there's such enough bs in datfiles now, see languages that are wrong in most entries, moreover we've choosen no-intro standard and, as I hear, we cannot go back or forward.

Adding more infos in DB (not in dats) is another thing.

My patch requests thread
--------------------------------

IIUC the year will be just a tag in the dat file, there will be no change in the naming convention. You can add infinite tags in the dat without changing the file name.

Anyway, I don't think it's quite simple because dats are auto-generated and as this tag will be usefull only for PC games anybody can see that most of pc entries have no exe date.

My patch requests thread
--------------------------------

There should be a description file for each preserved image in the dat. It holds all the info that is important about the dump it describes with information from the website including infos that are not put into the filename. smile