1 (edited by coreano 2009-11-21 02:18:05)

I was trying to use the sites GDIs with NullDC and discovered they have a problem in the convention:

Instead of using this: 1 0 4 2352 "Soulcalibur (USA) (Track01).bin" 0

It should be changed for this: 1 0 4 2352 Soulcalibur_(USA)_(Track01).bin 0

Now, every game works perfectly, like TOSEC GDIs.

(Btw, all the games with 3 tracks I tested, match TOSECs if you use psxt001z for the second track.)

But the last track apparently does not accept any king of space, so the whole GDI must be like this:

1 0 4 2352 Soulcalibur_(USA)_(Track_1).bin 0
2 300 0 2352 Soulcalibur_(USA)_(Track_2).bin 0
3 45000 4 2352 Soulcalibur(USA)(Track3).bin 0

Which would force a change in the last file name.

Wow they sure did make that inconvenient. We have to admit though that if TOSEC does anything better then us it's GD-ROM dumping. They have more people working for them on the GD-ROM stuff then we do. Thanks for the input though and I'll make sure to bring this up to Dremora's attention since he's the one that handles all the back-end web code on the site. Also the reason only the 3 track games are matching is because we dump the audio tracks differently then TOSEC does. You should be able to get most of the audio tracks to match by shifting their offsets.

Just tested with Demul and had the same issue, so it's absolutely a problem with Redump GDIs. Unfortunately it'll cause a little mess in database. I don't have any Dreamcast game with more than 3 tracks, so that's the reason why I haven't tested.
And I have no doubt Redump is better than TOSEC, especially when dealing with methods, just need to diversify the old systems a little more (PC-FX, more 3DO, CD-i, Jaguar CD...) and this db will be world's reference.
Thanks!

I was told that nullGDR_Win32 plugin reads filenames with whitespaces correctly, that's why I have added full names to GDI generator.

I've just asked Demul team about the issue and they said they will add support for whitespaces in filenames.

6 (edited by RetroGamer 2009-11-22 17:15:46)

It seems that this is a emulator issue and that's nothing to do with our naming convention.

coreano wrote:

just need to diversify the old systems a little more (PC-FX, more 3DO, CD-i, Jaguar CD...)

Dumpers needed  big_smile  !  but please note that systems like CDi, Jaguar, NeoGeo CD... can't be dumped properly due to dumping issues (ex: subchannel protections, multisession discs...).

"Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky?"