Hello to all the community.

I guess it varies largely from one dump to another, but, in average, how much can Pakkiso + 7z compress a full and clean dump in %?

I ask it because I'm doing some calcs about the PS2 project and I don't know if it will fit in my HDDs big_smile

Thanks so much.

Plextor PX-760SA 1.07

It varies indeed. I've pakkiso'd many PS2 isos lately and some games just can be compressed incredibly well due to huge dummy files on the disc. Metal Slug 4, for example, compresses to about 2% of its uncompressed size. Disc 3 of Metal Gear Solid 3, on the other hand, stays 94% the size of its uncompressed counterpart.

If I were to estimate I'd say that on average PS2 games can be compressed some 40-60% with PakkIso (or plain 7zip, of course).

Thanks so much smile

Plextor PX-760SA 1.07

jfromeo wrote:

I guess it varies largely from one dump to another, but, in average, how much can Pakkiso + 7z compress a full and clean dump in %?

Incorrect question, IMO. You should ask about the difference in % between zip/rar compression and pakkiso+7z.

F1ReB4LL wrote:

Incorrect question, IMO. You should ask about the difference in % between zip/rar compression and pakkiso+7z.

Damn, you are right. Every game is compressed in *.rar on WinRAR 3.90 using best level of compression. I guess the % difference will be quite low there.

Plextor PX-760SA 1.07