You know, the ones you buy in 2009 ? They often have various kinds of protections and stuff.
I am not asking any warez questions here, I don't care whether the game will work or anything,
I am just wondering how to do a proper dump that can be added to the database?

For example of games with a securom protection?

2 (edited by DJoneK 2009-10-29 07:37:57)

I've only noticed one Securom game being dumped.  There are probably more that I don't know about but there's no way to "search" for them.   Haldrie should be doing some new dumping guides soon and hopefully he covers the currently "known" method of dumping these. 

http://redump.org/disc/4381/

There could also be a few forum threads discussing this very matter.  I know there's a SafeDisc thread and wouldn't surprise me if there was a Securom one somewhere.

EDIT:
http://forum.redump.org/topic/5168/futu … ted-discs/

Apparently they can be dumped just like any other DVD?

Securom ones should be apparently dumped in 2064 mode, no tool yet. StarForced ones can be dumped with anything, but they won't work smile Topology can't be really called the "data", so we don't plan to dump them. Also, I don't like an idea to dump the very recent titles (3 years old and newer) - this is piracy, not preservation (recent titles aren't going to extinct or something).

F1ReB4LL wrote:

Securom ones should be apparently dumped in 2064 mode, no tool yet. StarForced ones can be dumped with anything, but they won't work smile Topology can't be really called the "data", so we don't plan to dump them. Also, I don't like an idea to dump the very recent titles (3 years old and newer) - this is piracy, not preservation (recent titles aren't going to extinct or something).

WTF?  yikes

What exactly makes the dumping of "recent titles" an act of piracy? I mean, how could somebody use the dump's data to make illegal copies of games; moreover, when Redump not even provide Alcohol's MDS or other related files.

There's no piracy involved here.. they're only checksums.. and with all the WII, PS3 etc checksums I don't see why PC shouldn't be allowed.

Companies aren't so stupid, if there's a checksum - there are releases somewhere, that's why MAME follows the "3 years" rule and excludes single games by request. Hosting .torrent files is also legal (theoretically), but many trackers are being constantly sued (even MiniNova, which isn't even a tracker). I don't see a reason to be so brave, we should have some caution to prevent the possible unpleasant consequences.

Indeed there are "releases somewhere", but as far as they doesn't being hosted by Redump.org, nobody can't accuse you of nothing. The Redump's members just post info about releases not the releases themselves.

It is a fact that the companies can't control the constant and growing piracy, but as far as I know Redump.org isn't related at all with any piracy act and that is their problem.

Moreover, under that logic, a company could accuse you just by the fact that some of the games' hashes they found here, matched with those from pirated games; and that's quite absurd.

F1ReB4LL wrote:

Companies aren't so stupid, if there's a checksum - there are releases somewhere, that's why MAME follows the "3 years" rule and excludes single games by request. Hosting .torrent files is also legal (theoretically), but many trackers are being constantly sued (even MiniNova, which isn't even a tracker). I don't see a reason to be so brave, we should have some caution to prevent the possible unpleasant consequences.

Mame is not a DB, it's a software which emulates copyrighted games so they can have problems (in reality they will have any problem if they are smart, people who normally sued torrents sites and so on are people who has nothing to do with big companies. They are only intermediary that wants to make money and act like nazi, most of times they send their shit emails without even saying who they are. They simply are considered too much and they act on fear). Normally big companies are more interested in region bypass or hardware hacking, normally real piracy is only a great deal for console producers (more piracy more console sales).
No-intro releases dats for GBA and NDS the same day a game is on shelf and I never hear they were sued or else.

My patch requests thread
--------------------------------