My drive have a +48 offset and can overread into lead out only.
I want to dump pc discs with a negative (-12 and  -22) offset and Jurassic Park for MCD which have a -22 offset.
What i need to know is if my drive can dump this discs correctly.

Many thks in advance.

"Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky?"

yes

however with larger negative offsets (-48..), if you don't want to open your drive up and it doesn't support d8 command,
you would not be able to determine correct offset, but you could still verify ones already in db

D8 won't help - even if he would be able to find the correct offset, negative combined offset may result in missing bytes in post-data audiotracks, especially with EAC.

Thks.
I think that it can't be called a "verification dump" if i can't find the offset and used the offset that other dumper determined lol

I think i can't open my drive (my pc is a laptop) but just for curiosity, open the drive for what?

"Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky?"

RetroGamer wrote:

but just for curiosity, open the drive for what?

opening the case is sometimes needed when hotswapping method is required and the drive does not support pin swapping.

you may ask now: "What's hotswapping?"
then i can give you a tip and redirect you to dreamcast dumping guide ,)

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

I have a lot of DC titles but i never gave it a try... it seems a bit difficult (try for 20 times?? hell no! lol ) and maybe my drive can't read those discs...

But themabus was talking about the offset, so what's the relation between open the drive and the offset?

Thks to all of you.

RetroGamer wrote:

But themabus was talking about the offset, so what's the relation between open the drive and the offset?

by dumping scrambled (hotswapping or d8) you can find out the combined offset !!!

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)