1 (edited by BitLooter 2009-07-22 05:23:40)

I just submitted The even more Incredible Machine to the database (has not been approved as I write this). Unfortunately, I just took a look at the packaging and saw I got the title wrong - I submitted it as "The Even More! Incredible Machine" when it is in fact "The even more Incredible Machine". Note the capitalization and punctuation. Please fix this when it gets added to the database.

I'm not 100% sure about that exclamation mark - it's present on the cover, but not in the text of the manual. In a case like this, which is considered the "official" title?

EDIT: Should be "The even more! Incredible Machine"; see below.

I believe the title screen is the priority for titles.

I see. In that case, it should be "The even more! Incredible Machine", as the title screen is similar to the logo on the packaging.

It's not an error.. we DO capitalize english titles.. so the one you submitted originally is correct.

ps. are you completely sure about the -2 write offset?

It's not an error.. we DO capitalize english titles.. so the one you submitted originally is correct.

Even when the title screen and manual doesn't capitalize them, but does capitalize the other words?

ps. are you completely sure about the -2 write offset?

Whoops. I was writing out here the numbers I got to come up with that, and I just realized I made a boneheaded math error calculating the offset. That should definitely be +2, not -2. Sorry. Looks like I need more practice ripping audio tracks. hmm

BitLooter wrote:

Even when the title screen and manual doesn't capitalize them, but does capitalize the other words?

AFAIK, yes.. and it's also how most other sites have it named..

That should definitely be +2, not -2.

No problem, but are the hashes correct or do you need to redump the audio?

All right then, capitalized it is. And the audio was dumped properly, I just messed up the factory write offset.

Even MAME doesn't capitalize everything - like "beatmania", etc.