I'm having a couple problems trying to dump disc 2 of this game. First problem is the disc format - one data track followed by a single audio track, and EAC won't detect the gap correctly. I need to know the correct way to find the size of the gap. I understand this is apparently a common problem, and I'm sure I've dumped a disc like this properly in the past, but I can't seem to figure out what I did before and what I'm supposed to do now.

The second problem is when I try to use sector view in IsoBuster. I viewed the audio track, then went back 149 sectors in the hope that the gap size would be apparent that way, but instead of seeing the expected null bytes, I get an error telling me the data does not seem to be valid, and that I should check extracted data. If I click cancel or ignore, the error goes away, and the sector seems filled with garbage data. Viewing the next or previous sector gives the same results, and the same data. It continues doing this for about ~100 sectors around where I started looking. I've tried this on three drives; two give that result, and a third that does something else weird - rather than the error and garbage data, for each sector I get 16 bytes of data followed by null bytes. Sectors before and after do the same, except for a couple bytes that count up and down as I change sectors.

For the record, the first disc is a simple single-data-track disc that dumped easily. I've scanned the disc and executables with Protection ID and found nothing (except possible serial key usage, which it does not have). Extracting the entire disc as an image using IsoBuster does not run into any bad sectors. I've installed the game and run it using a mounted image in Daemon Tools with all protection emulation turned off, and it ran fine without complaining about a missing disc. I could be wrong, but all this tells me there's either no protection on the disc or the most ineffective protection ever invented. Finally, the disc is clean and has no major scratches.

This is starting to drive me crazy, I hope someone knows what the problem is and how to fix it.