Hi,
like many of you, I use clrmamepro to rename and check my roms/isos. I think my version is quite up-to-date (3.123); I can't check that though since the official page seems to be down. Anyway, I'm having trouble reading files over 4 GB. All my isos are 7-zipped, so the bug might be related to this? When I scan my PS2 folder, for example, I get this warning:

Corrupt Archive File:C:\Emulation\Dumps\Sony Playstation 2\Champions_E.7z | Reason: NO ENTRIES
Corrupt Archive File:C:\Emulation\Dumps\Sony Playstation 2\God of War.7z | Reason: NO ENTRIES

Both the compressed and uncompressed files are well over 4 GB. Does anyone have the same problem? Are there maybe newer versions of clrmamepro fixing this?

I don't know if they have fixed this problem, but seems that images bigger than a standard DVD5 have this problem even if zipped.

My patch requests thread
--------------------------------

So I'm not alone smile Man, I'd love to use RomCenter anyway, if only it could read 7z...

Zip files never supported anything bigger than 4GB smile

I suspect the 2 files you have are indeed corrupt. Did you try to extract them with 7z directly?

I have alot of >4gb iso scanned by clrmamepro and never had any issues
got version 3.118 but dont think thats the case

maybe you are on FAT file system ?

Rocknroms wrote:

I don't know if they have fixed this problem, but seems that images bigger than a standard DVD5 have this problem even if zipped.

Sotho Tal Ker wrote:

Zip files never supported anything bigger than 4GB smile

I suspect the 2 files you have are indeed corrupt. Did you try to extract them with 7z directly?

Yes it's different, I had no corrupted images. If I remember well it reports something like "impossible to read central directory", by the way it read checksums.

My patch requests thread
--------------------------------

7 (edited by amarok 2009-05-08 12:19:17)

Extracting them directly via 7-zip works like a charm. The files don't seem to be corrupt - I've dumped and packed the games myself. Also, the problem occurs with all 7-zipped isos >4 GB I have, also the wii ones! This means ~10 files which all happen to be >4 GB would have to be corrupt smile And no, I'm not on FAT, I use Vista64 on an NTFS partition.
Good ideas so far, but I guess either clrmamepro or its implementation of 7z is the culprit smile

Then it would be the best to contact Roman directly and write a 'bug report' on the clrmame forums:
http://www.emulab.it/forum/index.php?board=6.0

4gb is exactly limit of addressing with 32-bit...
but I assume you are using 64-bit version cmpro64.exe ?

if so, the only solution would be replace lzma compressor within clrmame with newer one that supports large files

Then it would be the best to contact Roman directly and write a 'bug report' on the clrmame forums

Just did that smile

4gb is exactly limit of addressing with 32-bit...
but I assume you are using 64-bit version cmpro64.exe ?

I'm using 64 bit clrmamepro and 64 bit 7-zip.

if so, the only solution would be replace lzma compressor within clrmame with newer one that supports large files

How would I do that? Does such an updated compressor even exist? sad

11 (edited by cHrI8l3 2009-05-10 12:43:15)

How would I do that? Does such an updated compressor even exist?

well... i think only creator of the software can do that , didnt seen source code anywhere

oh.. and the second question http://www.7-zip.org/sdk.html smile

I guess I'm lucky big_smile Roman investigated the problem and according to him, the new version of the 7z SDK fixes the problem big_smile I hope he'll release a new version soon.

Oh well, it looks like I got my hopes up too soon sad

well, yes, 7z is not an easy SDK. Maybe we should ask the people from encode.ru for ideas for a C-implementation of a blockwise SzAr_Extract function. ;-)

Especially the allocation of memory for the whole uncompressed file is a serious issue. (Nothing bad for files up to 1GB in size for most computers, but for >4GB files it is some issue tongue)

http://www.emulab.it/forum/index.php?topic=96.0

Now that's some great news big_smile My files are being scanned correctly now big_smile