Some dumps have spaces between numbers and some don't.. isn't it time we choose a standard? I vote for barcodes without spaces. Besides, we have to make a distinction between 13-digit EAN codes (Europe dumps, and maybe others..?) and 12-digit UPC codes (USA dumps, and maybe others...?).. UPC can be turned into EAN by adding a zero in front, but I think it's better to leave it as 12-digit UPC.

I think they should be without spaces.

Why not? IMO, they should be typed with all the spaces and other letters (like the triangle brackets), it's not that hard to type them all.

What is the proper output of a scanned barcode? It is without spaces if i'm not mistaken. My vote is for no spaces.

DMEnduro wrote:

What is the proper output of a scanned barcode? It is without spaces if i'm not mistaken. My vote is for no spaces.

Yea its without spaces, I agree it should be without spaces.. and the solution in the db when there are more than one barcode reported works great.

XXXXXXXXX (Germany)
XXXXXXXXX (Spain)

And so on..

Lite-On SOHD-167T, NEC CDR-1901A, Plextor PX-712A, PX-716A, PX-760SA, Samsung TSSTCorp SH-D162D.
:: www.rawdump.net :: 2448 byte CD Preservation ::

Now that we are talking about barcodes, there's one that has always baffled me: a letter and 11 numbers. Maybe it's some kind of obscure standard used only in Japan, but I've never seen anything like it.

T4988606217762

The first letter ('T' or 'F') isn't included in the JAN code.