Has someone tried to remove the garbage data from a gamecube image and then reinsert it, is the checksums the same?
If it works, can´t someone here on redump.org make a little program that do that and then compressed the game using 7z similar what PackIso/PackPS2 does for CD/DVD images..

Lite-On SOHD-167T, NEC CDR-1901A, Plextor PX-712A, PX-716A, PX-760SA, Samsung TSSTCorp SH-D162D.
:: www.rawdump.net :: 2448 byte CD Preservation ::

gorelord4e wrote:

Has someone tried to remove the garbage data from a gamecube image and then reinsert it, is the checksums the same?

As far as I know if you save the diff file with shrinker it returns the same crc once you recover it (on bitgamer some guys tested it and it works).

gorelord4e wrote:

If it works, can´t someone here on redump.org make a little program that do that and then compressed the game using 7z similar what PackIso/PackPS2 does for CD/DVD images..

You won't get any advantage, because splitted parts (shrinked image and garbage) will return the same size of full image. 7zip gives quite the same size of zip for those discs.
Best way to compress GC/Wii games is rar but it's not useful for sharing unless one makes archives and some pars to make the others match.

My patch requests thread
--------------------------------

I have a winrar packing programme called real scene packer, it might be of use. Let me know if you would like it. smile

He who controls the SPICE... controls the UNIVERSE!
The SPICE must flow.