Hello, after have done some releases i have some interrogations/advice about multiple things (speciall yregarding to PC dumps).

World revesion don't have a (W) after their names, and so some games get their number version, some not.
Some releases got serial (the xxxx-yyyy), some not since it can be added in the db why not adding it?
Some releases got their track number with 0, some not (ex: moto racer (E) Fun Tracks (F) WipEout,...)
It looks strange in romcenter or clrmame. Why not use Track 01, Track 02, .... for all games? and by the way shouldn't it be lower case (track 01, track 02,..). So as disc 1,... (if u refer to MusicBrainz capitalisation standart as said in the guide)

I know it don't look so important but having a db organized about naming convention should be better.
Specially for sharing files, sad to loose time unpackISO every files everytime there s a change just for a name changing, better have it at start well done. If u need help renaming ask me, i get used since times on MusicBrainz and about rules for french english and some other languages).

To finish i was wondering about some "free, cheap releases" of games (which not mean platinum or classics edition from an editor). Do you think it's useful to reference demo, not offical releases,... of games (ex World of Warcraft trial edition)

I asked cause i also have lot games that were given with a french magazine (ex: i Alone in the dark serie was distributed with lot of magazines around the world as a cheap edition). To my point I think it's interesting for verifying existing dumps (in this case the cheap release is just a reedition of the original game) but not for first dump. If the reedition change from the orginal it would multiplies the number of versions of a game without an interest (no "offical" releases , without real package, edited as a limited number and sometimes with other things inside such as internet kit, advertising,...). I refer to alone in the dark series, look at the different versions already on db and on this feed http://forum.redump.org/topic/2636/pree … fferences/ If i had mine version we will get another new one (i got an internet kit on it for a french provider that no longer exist).

thx

thank you, ulugabi!

about track numbers, i guess it's a bug.
concerning serials - i don't think you could ever find a PC game by serial.
afaik ther's no unitary logic or structure, that would describe timeline or producer or anything.
i also don't believe they would show changes that other fields do not,
like if images of two CDs would differ and the only way to tell this would be by serial.
so it's pretty much useless imho.

It's not a bug, if there are <10 tracks, then numbers are 1 to 9; if 10+ tracks - 01 to 09.