What do you think guys, of adding the language tag in the datfile for each game? The way is now can be a little confusing for some people, because some think (E) is the language English and not the region (Europe).

I think the region is clear to know if we see the serial, and it's redundant to including it again with a region tag.

How about something like this?:

Action Man - Mission Xtreme (Da,Du,En,Fi,Fr,Ge,It,No,Sp,Sw) [SLES-01761]
Actua Golf 3 (En) [SLES-01042]
Actua Soccer (v1.1) (En,Fr) [SLES-00014]

I think it's much more useful seeing the language tags that the region one, if we already can know the region seeing the serial. That way we don't need to come here and search in the database what languages are supported.

It's only a sugestion smile

you can download dats similar to no-intro.
http://redump.org/datfile/psx/no-intro

Sorry i didn't know about that, but i downloaded the .dat and it's seems equal that the normal one?

Example:

game (
    name "Action Man - Mission Xtreme (E) [SLES-01761]"
    description "Action Man - Mission Xtreme (E) [SLES-01761]"
    rom ( name "Action Man - Mission Xtreme (E) [SLES-01761].cue" size 110 crc d6f1f959 md5 0ed54835dc3ed34ecb6a2b518b508675 sha1 9c9f43b94c5cdeefb902f16ab3f28c15c11b5a7b )
    rom ( name "Action Man - Mission Xtreme (E) [SLES-01761].bin" size 552705888 crc 01b94ff1 md5 6058af0724f16da02b72e562aa7c2a6d sha1 3cc7c5994cd9af5c177f2b766449bee1e79d8e39 )
)

It's don't have the language tags, only the region one.

And what about disc images like: http://forum.redump.org/topic/3848/pc-3 … on-needed/ that are country specific, but the game itself is in english language?

SH-S202N (+6/-6), DUW1608/ARR (+91/+6 Overread: Lead In & Lead Out), GDR-8162B (+102)

oh, sorry. i gave you a wrong link. this is correct one.
http://redump.org/datfile/no-intro/psx/

Thanks, thats great smile

Now if only it has a [!] at final meaning that is a redump.org perfect dump would be the perfect dat hehe wink

It should became an official No-Intro dat first smile

Devcon wrote:

Now if only it has a [!] at final meaning that is a redump.org perfect dump would be the perfect dat hehe

When a redump.org dump NOT a perfect dump?

Well, a redump.org is always a perfect dump wink

I mean we can have at the same dir a lot more dumps that are not at redump database. If i have dumps that are [!] and others that don't we can know what are the good ones wink

On a side note we can do a: dir /b /on > _list.txt to get quickly a game list, without using clrmamepro. This way we get a list with the good dumps and the others. At least it's the way i do my lists smile

nrl_quaker how can we get "no-intro" cuesheets too?

[!] is useles if you are archiving perfect dumps only. No-intro does the same.

My patch requests thread
--------------------------------

Now that I think about it, maybe No-Intro formatting should be the default one.
What do you guys think?

ssjkakaroto wrote:

nrl_quaker how can we get "no-intro" cuesheets too?

it have to be the same as dat. but i dunno why it doesn't work.

I like No-Intro's naming scheme, myself. I don't need to digging to find out what that obscure country code is, and I can tell what languages are on the disc at a glance. It makes the filenames a little bit longer, but the only time No-Intro has ever given me problems with that are those 4-in-1 carts that list the full title of every game on it.

Although if Redump did change its naming, I think there are some other things that could be improved, too. For example, putting all the discs for a game in the same folder. e.g. Final Fantasy IX (U) needs 8 folders currently, but they could be merged into one or two folders.

ssjkakaroto wrote:

What do you guys think?

Each naming has its advantages and disadvantages.. when we last discussed it I think most people still preferred the current PSX naming because it also included serial.. also, imho I think having the languages in the filename is superfluous..

Jackal wrote:
ssjkakaroto wrote:

What do you guys think?

Each naming has its advantages and disadvantages.. when we last discussed it I think most people still preferred the current PSX naming because it also included serial.. also, imho I think having the languages in the filename is superfluous..
PX-760A for life

I quote.

EDIT: it wil be usefull only if you have more EUR release with different languages.
For example "Beyond Good & Evil" GC (3 euro releases with different languages to fit the game on one mini-dvd).

My patch requests thread
--------------------------------

For my self i have enought with the http://redump.org/datfile/no-intro/psx/ datfile, i didn't know of the existence of that one. I like to see the languages, and i think a lot more of european people prefer that system too, it's nice having the option for using the 2, thanks guys smile

I think i would start renaming the dumps i have that don't are in the database with something like [x], problem solved smile

I was wondering, why do people prefer having the serial in the filename? AFAIK, it doesn't supply any useful information not already in the filename. It's not necessarily unique or even reliable, when you take into account GH releases, version differences, and the occasional printing error. If you need to know it, it can easily be looked up. The only use of it in the filename I can think of is if for some reason you know the serial, but not any part of the name of the game and want to find it. This has never happened to me, and I can't really think of a scenario where it could. Am I missing something?

19 (edited by pepsidrinker 2008-12-14 03:37:52)

BitLooter wrote:

Although if Redump did change its naming, I think there are some other things that could be improved, too. For example, putting all the discs for a game in the same folder. e.g. Final Fantasy IX (U) needs 8 folders currently, but they could be merged into one or two folders.

What's stopping you from doing that now? Name the folder Final Fantasy IX (U) and put all the discs in that folder with their cue. You might not be able to check with the dat but you have the DB and hashcalc.  I wouldn't consider that an improvement Final Fantasy might be single track game so it's only one track and a cue (if you want to use it) but what about multi-track games that have more then one disc. The emulator I use PSX V1.13 displays all tracks when you want to load a game and not just cues and it would be a pain in the ass if say even 2 disc game had 5 tracks each that you have to go through to find the cues.

I like the way it is now.

Three years and still going strong.

Jackal wrote:

I find it useful indeed to have the serial in the filename, but I also like having the full country name and languages, when there's more than one.
In the end, even if it was changed, it wouldn't please everyone neutral
It's probably better to leave it as it is.

Can someone fix the no-intro cuesheet generation?

How about adding .sbi files to the dat?

PLEXTOR DVDR PX-716A ATA