1 (edited by Organic 2007-12-04 08:23:14)

To dump GC DVD you need mod-chipped GC and Broad-Band Adapter (BBA). Then you must use option in your shell to "backup" disk. Usually shell asks you to insert original disk and get backup from http://192.168.1.32/backup.iso

After you get backup, you can use HashCalc (www.slavasoft.com/hashcalc/index.htm) to calculate MD5, SHA1, CRC32 and eMule checksums.

GC disk ID is placed on the disk itself (not on back-side of box cover). Example disk ID is DL-DOL-GWRP-EUR.

Game version is written at offset +7 from beginning of the dump (one byte). 0x00 mean v1.00, 0x01 mean v1.01 etc.

DOL MD5 is need for better recognition of disk versions.
Dont use this: You can extract DOL by GCTool 1.2 from menu Tools -> Extract DOL..
See the next post.

Disk size is always 1.459.978.240 bytes.

Я выяснил, что GCTool неправильно извлекает DOL файлы из GCM и поэтому все DOL MD5 полученные ранее - неправильные.
Поэтому я сделал специальную утилиту для подсчета правильной DOL MD5. Также утилита извлекает GCNDefault.dol
Если у вас есть возможность, исправьте старые DOL MD5.

I found that GCTool incorrectly extract DOL files from GCM images, so all previous DOL MD5 checksums are wrong. Sorry smile
I wrote small console app for correct DOL MD5 calculation. Additionaly it extarcts DOL from GCM as GCNDefault.dol.
Please, use this tool when calculating DOL MD5 and fix old DOL MD5 if its possible.

Link: http://org.dremora.com/Gamecube/Soft/dolmd.zip

Is the "Marker Code" in GCTool the same as the "GC disc ID" you are talking about in the first post?

4 (edited by Organic 2007-12-04 08:21:30)

We discussed GC Disk ID naming convention and decided to use ID inscribed on disk surface. Obviously GCTool cant telepatically guess real ID, so it may look the same, but may not.

To Dremora: сделай пожалуйста новость на главной странице, что обновлено руководство по созданию чексумм для куба.

Oh woops I meant to say "Game version".

Following data structure (called "DVD DiskID") is placed at the beginning of every GC disk :

typedef struct DVDDiskID
{
    char    gameName[4];
    char    company[2];
    u8      diskNumber;
    u8      gameVersion;        // 0 mean 1.00, 1 mean 1.01 etc.
    u8      streaming;
    u8      streamingBufSize;
    u8      paddingZero[22];
} DVDDiskID;

"MakerCode" shown in GCTool is actually DVDDiskID "company" record. This is predefined game developer unique number, assigned by Nintendo license agreement. For example "01" is company code for Nintendo itself. All game makers have different codes.

Please, do not ask questions later in this topic, because someone may be confused by unneeded information.
Thanks.

I've sent you an email to with another question so as not to confuse anyone reading this. I'm just letting you know here in case it went to your spam/junk folder since we don't have a PM system.

You could also dump GameCube discs from a Wii, no modchips or extra hardware necessary, just as long as you have a wireless router.

You pretty just just need cIOS and the cIOS DVD Dumper: http://wii.waninkoko.info/ (yeah, I know that Waninkoko doesn't make the safest programs, but these ones can't do any real damage).

Can someone please upload DOLmd5 again please.

Three years and still going strong.

Here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/?ewxummyiomy

Thanks BitLooter

Three years and still going strong.

is it possible to dump from a computer drive?

All my posts and submission data are released into Public Domain / CC0.

It is possible and also very reliable. You'll need a "special" drive, though, like the LG 8164b (or the 8161-8163b, as far as I know; other drives have been reported to work as well, though). Then you need friidump for the actual dumping process. Search for friidump 0.4 since earlier versions can't dump dual layer Wii discs properly AFAIR. Just give it a try, it's not very hard if you've got a compatible drive big_smile

amarok wrote:

It is possible and also very reliable. You'll need a "special" drive, though, like the LG 8164b (or the 8161-8163b, as far as I know; other drives have been reported to work as well, though). Then you need friidump for the actual dumping process. Search for friidump 0.4 since earlier versions can't dump dual layer Wii discs properly AFAIR. Just give it a try, it's not very hard if you've got a compatible drive big_smile

I have the LG 8164b and I use rawdump 2.0 which works like a charm. I've dumped ~10 GC discs and all have matched the crc/md5/sha1 here on redump.

BTW my 8164b is actually in a usb 2.0 external enclosure, so rawdump also works across usb.

Nameless Mofo wrote:

I've dumped ~10 GC discs and all have matched the crc/md5/sha1 here on redump.

Since you are dumping all those discs, you could post that info in the Dumps section so they can be added into the database, because there are a lot of GC discs with only 1 dumper (and even if there are a lot of dumpers for the discs that you are dumping, one more doesn't hurt  smile  )

"Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky?"

RetroGamer wrote:

Since you are dumping all those discs, you could post that info in the Dumps section so they can be added into the database, because there are a lot of GC discs with only 1 dumper (and even if there are a lot of dumpers for the discs that you are dumping, one more doesn't hurt  smile  )

I can do that. I always assumed since I'm not a "dumper" and didn't know how to become one, that I couldn't contribute. I guess since I can post them in the forum, I can contribute after all. In fact I have a new dump and a few re-dumps I can post.

Nameless Mofo wrote:

I always assumed since I'm not a "dumper" and didn't know how to become one, that I couldn't contribute.

Anyone in this project can become a dumper, it's only needed to dump original discs using our dumping guide and post the info in the "Dumps" forum, then after a couple of dumps Admin. will give Dumper status.

"Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky?"

If you own a Wii it is now possible to dump GameCube and Wii Games painlessly using SuperDump 1.3 and cIOS 13b

RawDump 2.0 or 2.1 is also an acceptable method to dump Wii or GameCube but requires a specific kind of of DVD Drive

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0T6KWPWL

Collecting USA Wii and NGC

I would reccomend NOT using WiFi and sticking to a SD Card dumping option ONLY

the cIOS DVD Dumper is also rather slow so use SuperDump 1.3 or 1.2 :-P

chungy wrote:

You could also dump GameCube discs from a Wii, no modchips or extra hardware necessary, just as long as you have a wireless router.

You pretty just just need cIOS and the cIOS DVD Dumper: http://wii.waninkoko.info/ (yeah, I know that Waninkoko doesn't make the safest programs, but these ones can't do any real damage).

Collecting USA Wii and NGC

Organic wrote:

To dump GC DVD you need mod-chipped GC and Broad-Band Adapter (BBA). Then you must use option in your shell to "backup" disk.

My dumping method is using a Qoob Pro modchip and NGCDev SoftDev's NGCDEV Ripper v0.2a. This tool works as you already said. I'm posting this just to say that it's possible to install a ripping software inside your modchip if you don't have it.

Cheers!

I'm so sorry for my ugly English!