Dear Sir or Madam,

I would like to request an account for contributing to the Redump database.

I'm currently in the process of making digital backups of all my discs, and uploading them onto the Internet Archive, before giving my physical discs away to any collector who want to keep them. I have taken the whole first week of January 2023 off to just dump every single thing I have.

I'm making room in my house and my life, and backing everything up before getting rid of everything helps me being at peace with it.

I only use Linux, and I have a Plextor PX-B950SA drive. I'm using redumper (https://github.com/superg/redumper) to backup my discs, as DiscImageCreator simply doesn't work with my drive (or any of them I have here), and I just can't affort A 50~150€ USB Plextor drive.

I would like to contribute to the Redump database because i both have discs that have never been dumped, as well as discs that have been dumped already, but are lacking confirmation. Most of the discs I have are for PC (or old PC/Mac hybrid), as well as a few Philips CD-i discs.

As a matter of fact, I've been checking the hashsum of my copy of “Yoco et le Mystère des Fruits Disparus” (http://redump.org/disc/65666/), and my dump happens to be an exact perfect match of the one already registered in the database. My disc only have a different Mastering SID Code, Toolstamp or Mastering Code (engraved/stamped), and Mould SID Code.

If my contribution seems interesting, I would be happy to contribute to redump.org in the process.
In any case, all my dumps will end on my Internet Archive account “everythingivegot” (https://archive.org/details/@everythingivegot).

Best regards, and happy new year.

Hello, thanks for your request. I'm gladly giving you an account, just be careful that at the moment we're not allowing dumps made with other drives than what's in the compatibility list from our Wiki page. Your drive isn't compatible with DIC and at the moment we can't accept your dumps, but your progress with redumper and another drive might be useful for our testing process. I'll suggest you to join the Discord page for further informations and also to help us in our initlal testing phase. Redumper it's still a new tool and any new informations might be useful for us.
Welcome, obtain your password here.

(check the spam folder in case there will be no message in your inbox)

Please make sure you read and understand the dumping process and the way you have to submit the dumping logs before posting your dump info.
Dumping_Guides

Feel free to ask question on the forum, or via Discord about how to get started preserving games with Redump:
Discord

Hotmail, Outlook, Gmail and Web.de may block mails from our site.
If you got problems and want to change your email please let us know.

Plextor: PX-W4012TU, PX-W5224TA, Premium, PX-716SA, PX-716A || LG GDR-8164B || Lite-On SOHD-167D
HP (Toshiba/Samsung): TS-H353A - Kreon FW || HP (Hitachi/LG): BH40N - crossflashed with LG BH16NS40 FW || Sony Optiarc AD-7280S

Hello TonyLizard,

Thank you very much for accepting my request.

I don't know if this post is the best place to continue the topic of my disc drive, but I only want to point out that, by using clrmamepro and Redump.org's IBM PC DAT file on the dumps I've made using redumper, I have been able to fully verify the checksums of the following discs:

Aventures de Batman & Robin, Les & Casper L'Histoire Interactive (France)
Comix Zone & Ecco the Dolphin (France)
Constructor (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,Pt) (Rev 1)
Gearheads (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It,Nl)
Heart of Darkness (France) (Demo) (Kellog's)
Jazz Jackrabbit 2 - The Christmas Chronicles (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It,Nl,Pl)
King's Quest VIII - Masque d'Eternite (France)
Myst (France)
Rayman (Europe) (En,Fr,De) (v1.12)
Rayman (Germany) (Rerelease) (19991007) (Alt)
Rayman 100 Niveaux (France)
Rayman Forever (France)
Rayman pour les Juniors - Calcul et Lecture - CE2 (France)
Yoco et le Mystere des Fruits Disparus (France)

Can this serve as relevant information to prove (?) that dumping PC discs with a Plextor PX-B950SA with redumper is safe?

I'm an experienced C programmer. I don't know if I can help with the development of redumper.

Best regards, and thank you again for the account.

If you can join our discord group we can guide you to help us, yes. Thanks

Plextor: PX-W4012TU, PX-W5224TA, Premium, PX-716SA, PX-716A || LG GDR-8164B || Lite-On SOHD-167D
HP (Toshiba/Samsung): TS-H353A - Kreon FW || HP (Hitachi/LG): BH40N - crossflashed with LG BH16NS40 FW || Sony Optiarc AD-7280S