Sorry about using a gmail account, i'd like to not use my personal 'IRL' email.

I'm a big Spyro fan and i've been collecting some stuff recently, as well as stuff like Demo discs/Spyro Demo discs, some of wich also aren't on redump yet, mostly french stuff.

For exemple i've got a CD of :

SCPS-45395    Spyro the Dragon [Asia] [Disc1of2]
SCPS-45396    Spyro the Dragon [Asia] [Disc2of2]

(was able to find and buy it online)

And stuff like 'M6 best of 98' wich also isn't present on the PS1 list

I love game preservation and i'd love to contribute, i've got a USB DISC drive and i'm using IMGBurn so far.

2 (edited by Lugamo 2022-11-21 04:44:40)

You should know that Redump usually only takes dumps made with DiscImageCreator (DIC). DIC, at least as CDs are concerned, has a somewhat limited compatibility list. The list can be found here, the mentioned Plextor drives are the ones with the highest compatibility, but are also extremely hard to get. You can get decent results with the recommended non-Plextor drives, but you may not be able to dump certain things like, for example, audio CDs. Regarding DVD PC games, any drive will do a fine job.

3 (edited by user7 2022-11-21 05:17:23)

Hi welcome!

>And stuff like 'M6 best of 98' wich also isn't present on the PS1 list
Pretty sure this is a dumped PAL demo, but search the serial number in redump to see what pops up.

Here's our dumping guide (for most formats): http://wiki.redump.org/index.php?title= … uide_(MPF)
Specific hardware / software required for QC.

All my posts and submission data are released into Public Domain / CC0.

Welcome, obtain your password here.

(check the spam folder in case there will be no message in your inbox)

Please make sure you read and understand the dumping process and the way you have to submit the dumping logs before posting your dump info.
Dumping_Guides

Feel free to ask question on the forum, or via Discord about how to get started preserving games with Redump:
Discord

Hotmail, Outlook, Gmail and Web.de may block mails from our site.
If you got problems and want to change your email please let us know.

(To be clear, i've used the non-gmail address from the other post you did before.)

Plextor: PX-W4012TU, PX-W5224TA, Premium, PX-716SA, PX-716A || LG GDR-8164B || Lite-On SOHD-167D
HP (Toshiba/Samsung): TS-H353A - Kreon FW || HP (Hitachi/LG): BH40N - crossflashed with LG BH16NS40 FW || Sony Optiarc AD-7280S