According to the GD-ROM SD Card Dumping Guide, "If the HD area has more than one track, the tracks will need to be properly split to conform to Redump standards (Fireball knows hows to do this)."

The guide doesn't go into any detail on how to properly split multi-track SDRip dumps to conform to Redump standards. Is Fireball around? Can we please get an updated guide on how to properly split multi-track SDRip dumps?

After a failed IDE Drive attempt, SDRip is all I've got to rely on currently, and many of my Dreamcast dumps are multi-track in the HD Area, so a guide on how to get this split up correctly would be great!

Hey Drakkhen, having written by and far most of the dumping guides myself I can assure you it's something that no one else likes to do. The reason I wrote some of the guides (PS3 / blu-ray video dumping) is because I didn't understand the process and essentially had to bug others on discord for the knowledge. You might have luck asking in the VGPC discord, but unfortunately I don't know how to do the above so I can't write this guide.

That said, what disc is giving you issues? I have dumped several DC discs with dcdumper/ice and only had *real* trouble with maybe one? Put the troublesome disc at the bottom of the pile.

I'd consider this - dumping the easy to dump discs first with dcdumper/ice. When your HD Area drive is acting up, then let it cool down - I believe drives get persistently harder to dump with the warmer they get. I can't substantiate this other than anecdotally. In the past, I've had two HD Dumper drives and swapped them out to let one cool and continue dumping with the other.

Another trick is - say you can't get section 40 to dump after many tries? Delete section 39 bin and restart the process, your dump will continue where it left off, other than needing to redump section 39 / 40 for example.

All my posts and submission data are released into Public Domain / CC0.

Drakkhen wrote:

According to the GD-ROM SD Card Dumping Guide, "If the HD area has more than one track, the tracks will need to be properly split to conform to Redump standards (Fireball knows hows to do this)."

The guide doesn't go into any detail on how to properly split multi-track SDRip dumps to conform to Redump standards. Is Fireball around? Can we please get an updated guide on how to properly split multi-track SDRip dumps?

After a failed IDE Drive attempt, SDRip is all I've got to rely on currently, and many of my Dreamcast dumps are multi-track in the HD Area, so a guide on how to get this split up correctly would be great!

I was curious about this myself, so I've dumped a game using both my Dreamcast and a TSST drive. I haven't had time to sort out all the details yet, but it looks like the pregap / offsets are not the same. So it's probably mostly a matter of shifting the bytes in the DC rips so that they have the same offset as in the rips from the TSST (and maybe also adding zero padding since, IIRC, the DC can't read some of the gaps).

I may put together some notes if I ever have time to go through it in detail.

I think for data only discs the DC rips should match the TSST rips, though, since there's no offset / gap issue.