Skip to forum content

Redump Forum

Disc Preservation Project

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Post new reply

Post new reply

Compose and post your new reply

You may use: BBCode Images Smilies

All fields with bold label must be completed before the form is submitted.

Required information for guests

Captcha image. Turn pictures on to see it.
Required information

Topic review (newest first)

PX-891SAF is a rebadged Lite-On, you can even reflash iHAS122 F, iHAS324 F and certain other Lite-On models into PX-891SAF, so it's not a real Plextor.

PX-40TSi is good (but keep in mind it uses the 0xD8 read command only and doesn't support 0xBE).

40GPB is way too much even for best Plextors: PX760 or PX716. Keep in mind that the dumping software might not support your exotic Plextor and it might not support D8 command. List of supported drives:

PX-760, PX-755, PX-716, PX-714, PX-712, PX-708, PX-704, Premium2, Premium, PX-W5224, PX-4824, PX-4012 (PX-714, PX-704 can't test it enough.)

Hello,

First of all, I would like to say that I've been following this project since many years ago and must thank you for been alive for over a decade.

Now about my questions:
I would like to contribute with you making verifications of my short collection. But for CD disc I must have a Plextor drive.

I bought one Plextor 716-A from Canada for a cheap price one month ago; but from where I am, there's no ETA at all, so could be tomorrow or could not arrive.

My second option is, I found one Plextor PX-40TSi and other 4 HP SCSI drives from an old datacenter; but my best chance is to find one PCI card to try to put in an old PC that I have, since scsi to usb is too expensive.

Now I'm thinking of adquire one of this Plextor model PX-891SAF-R, it's selling in UK for 40 GPB and my best option is to ask for a friend who lives in Holland buy for and bring to me.

Should I go for option C?

Currently installed 6 official extensions. Copyright © 2003–2009 PunBB.