Version: 1.00
Edition: Original
Media: DVD-5
Barcode: 4988601007634
Serial number: SLPM 55298
Ring code info: SLPM-55298 1 IFPI L271

Post's attachments

SLPM_552.98.zip 24.04 kb, 6 downloads since 2019-09-05 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

before adding it, we need the Mould SID code, the EXE file date and the exact barcode spacing, i think this could be 4 988601 007634 exactly.
please add these informations to this post. thanks

Lizard wrote:

before adding it, we need the Mould SID code, the EXE file date and the exact barcode spacing, i think this could be 4 988601 007634 exactly.
please add these informations to this post. thanks

SID Code: IFPI L271
Exactly Barcode: 4 988601 007634
And where can i find EXE file date?

IFPI L271 is mastering SID code, not mould SID code. (Mould SID code form: 45XX)
Check EXE file date: Mount ISO on windows explorer or daemon tools, and check SLPM_552.98 file creation date on windows explorer.

monocrom wrote:

IFPI L271 is mastering SID code, not mould SID code. (Mould SID code form: 45XX)
Check EXE file date: Mount ISO on windows explorer or daemon tools, and check SLPM_552.98 file creation date on windows explorer.

An easier / more accurate way, is to check the _volDesc.txt file, search for "SLPM_552.98" and look at the recording Date and Time.  You will see it is:   2005-09-07. 

With EXE Dates, please pay attention to the modifier - in this case +9, so if we subtract 9 to get UTC, it is still 2005-09-07. 

Let us know if you have any questions.  Thanks!

sadikyo wrote:

With EXE Dates, please pay attention to the modifier - in this case +9, so if we subtract 9 to get UTC, it is still 2005-09-07.

Is the timezone UTC?

ex.

Recording Date and Time: 2000-01-01 00:00:00 +09:00

Is this EXE date 1999-12-31?

7 (edited by Managus 2019-09-10 05:24:25)

monocrom wrote:

And EXE date is 2005/09/07

8 (edited by monocrom 2019-09-10 06:06:18)

Managus wrote:
monocrom wrote:

And EXE date is 2005/09/07

We still need 'Mould SID code'. (Form: 45XX, Example: 45T0, 45U1)

https://i.imgur.com/Buo85I1.jpg

sadikyo wrote:

An easier / more accurate way, is to check the _volDesc.txt file, search for "SLPM_552.98" and look at the recording Date and Time.  You will see it is:   2005-09-07.

sadikyo wrote:

For some reason it sounds wrong to me.
Did you change this entry http://redump.org/disc/4496/changes/ according to your explanation above?
I might have missed some EXE dates on my dumps, but at least 99% of them should be correct.

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

iR0b0t wrote:
sadikyo wrote:

sadikyo wrote:

For some reason it sounds wrong to me.
Did you change this entry http://redump.org/disc/4496/changes/ according to your explanation above?
I might have missed some EXE dates on my dumps, but at least 99% of them should be correct.

Yes, I changed that one to UTC.  Which, by the way, is currently what DICUI is pulling, which is what a huge majority of our dumpers are using.

sadikyo wrote:

Yes, I changed that one to UTC.  Which, by the way, is currently what DICUI is pulling, which is what a huge majority of our dumpers are using.

Why do you change the rule at your own discretion?
Or did you not know this rule?

fuzzball wrote:
sadikyo wrote:

Why do you change the rule at your own discretion?
Or did you not know this rule?

Sorry, let me back up a bit.  It is not my intention to change any rules or conventions arbitrarily or at my own discretion.  I found out a while back that DICUI has been pulling the dates, adjusted to UTC, and therefore, a significant majority of any submissions in modern times have been using the convention I somewhat expressed above.

I do believe that this makes sense, as UTC will always be a universal time regardless of where the disc is dumped or what time zone the dumper is in, what OS they are using, what settings they have in isobuster or their file explorers, etc etc. 

But you are correct that this is something we should arrive at a consensus in understanding or at least explain well / update guides / instructions for dumpers, etc.

Currently, the database has a random mixture of dates - some of which are UTC, some of which are off by one day in either direction depending on what convention was used at the time, what software they used, etc.  Regardless of which avenue we take, we should shoot for conformity going forward.

I'll be making a thread on this subject in the general forum soon, so that we can discuss and address / get to an understanding, that isn't buried inside a thread like this.