2,051

That's fixed it, thank you.

Plextor PX-760A 1.07 (+30) : Plextor PX-716SA 1.11 (+30) : Plextor PX-W5224A 1.04 (+30) : Plextor PX-W4824 1.07 (+30) : Plextor PX-W4012TA 1.07 (+98) : Plextor PX-W1610TA (+99) : Plextor PX-W1210TA 1.10 (+99) : Lite-On LTR-48246S (+6) : Lite-On LTR-52246S (+6) : Lite-On LH-20A1H LL0DN (+6) : BenQ DW1655 BCIB (+618) : ASUS DRW-2014L1 1.02 (+6) : Yamaha CRW-F1 (+733) : Optiarc SA-7290H5 1H44 (+48) : ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.02 (+6)

2,052

Trying to dump the USA version of "Hanna-Barbera Cartoon Carnival" for CDi. The sectors finish dumping, then the dumping number turns negative and automatically restarts dumping.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SD9Dpb … sp=sharing

2,053

Didn't he just fix that in test version?

Plextor PX-760A 1.07 (+30) : Plextor PX-716SA 1.11 (+30) : Plextor PX-W5224A 1.04 (+30) : Plextor PX-W4824 1.07 (+30) : Plextor PX-W4012TA 1.07 (+98) : Plextor PX-W1610TA (+99) : Plextor PX-W1210TA 1.10 (+99) : Lite-On LTR-48246S (+6) : Lite-On LTR-52246S (+6) : Lite-On LH-20A1H LL0DN (+6) : BenQ DW1655 BCIB (+618) : ASUS DRW-2014L1 1.02 (+6) : Yamaha CRW-F1 (+733) : Optiarc SA-7290H5 1H44 (+48) : ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.02 (+6)

2,054

sarami wrote:
xTMODx wrote:

i have problem with an audio cd, DIC crash at the end... i can't mount the dump, it looks like the cue file is broken because of CDTEXT.

Perhaps, it needs unicode. I'll support it.

It's ISO/IEC8859-1 (aka Latin-1), not unicode.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/eq80y20l9 … st.7z/file
- fixed: buf size of CDTEXT

2,055

sarami wrote:
sarami wrote:
xTMODx wrote:

i have problem with an audio cd, DIC crash at the end... i can't mount the dump, it looks like the cue file is broken because of CDTEXT.

Perhaps, it needs unicode. I'll support it.

It's ISO/IEC8859-1 (aka Latin-1), not unicode.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/eq80y20l9 … st.7z/file
- fixed: buf size of CDTEXT

thanks for fixing it, the dump finish without error now and cue looks fine i think? but i cant moun the image with the cue, any help here?

log files https://www.mediafire.com/file/vrjt78wu … cd.7z/file

2,056

TEXT is correct.

TITLE "Missi Moppel. Detektivin für alle Fälle. Das Geheimnis im Turmzimmer und andere Rätselhaftigkeiten CD1"
TITLE "Was man vorweg über Missi Moppel wissen sollte I"
xTMODx wrote:

but i cant moun the image with the cue, any help here?

What tool do you use? Daemon tools? Alcohol 120/52%? Anyway, if tool you use doesn't support Latin-1, you need to convert to other charactor set (unicode etc.)

2,057

sarami wrote:

TEXT is correct.

TITLE "Missi Moppel. Detektivin für alle Fälle. Das Geheimnis im Turmzimmer und andere Rätselhaftigkeiten CD1"
TITLE "Was man vorweg über Missi Moppel wissen sollte I"
xTMODx wrote:

but i cant moun the image with the cue, any help here?

What tool do you use? Daemon tools? Alcohol 120/52%? Anyway, if tool you use doesn't support Latin-1, you need to convert to other charactor set (unicode etc.)

i couldnt mount with both daemon tools and alcohol 52% here the image for testing https://www.mediafire.com/file/vd7ikq1g … /1.7z/file

2,058

xTMODx wrote:

i couldnt mount with both daemon tools and alcohol 52%

Character set was unrelated.

IEC 60908:1999 wrote:

The size of a character string is recommended to be less than 160 bytes.

This means single-byte character can show 160 letters, double-byte character can show 80 bytes.
Old DIC had stored 80 bytes for single-byte character, so app crashed due to the short of buf size.

It seems Alcohol 120/52% has same(?) problem. If you want to mount the image with your cue,
1. delete the line of TITLE "Missi Moppel. Detektivin für alle Fälle. Das Geheimnis im Turmzimmer und andere Rätselhaftigkeiten CD1"
2. comment out like this

REM TITLE "Missi Moppel. Detektivin für alle Fälle. Das Geheimnis im Turmzimmer und andere Rätselhaftigkeiten CD1"

3. report the bug to the author of Alcohol 120/52% and wait for this problem to be fixed.

Anyway, the cue is correct.

2,059

sarami wrote:
xTMODx wrote:

i couldnt mount with both daemon tools and alcohol 52%

Character set was unrelated.

IEC 60908:1999 wrote:

The size of a character string is recommended to be less than 160 bytes.

This means single-byte character can show 160 letters, double-byte character can show 80 bytes.
Old DIC had stored 80 bytes for single-byte character, so app crashed due to the short of buf size.

It seems Alcohol 120/52% has same(?) problem. If you want to mount the image with your cue,
1. delete the line of TITLE "Missi Moppel. Detektivin für alle Fälle. Das Geheimnis im Turmzimmer und andere Rätselhaftigkeiten CD1"
2. comment out like this

REM TITLE "Missi Moppel. Detektivin für alle Fälle. Das Geheimnis im Turmzimmer und andere Rätselhaftigkeiten CD1"

3. report the bug to the author of Alcohol 120/52% and wait for this problem to be fixed.

Anyway, the cue is correct.

that helped many thanks for your help!!

2,060

I can't seem to dump discs with ring protections with DIC, it will read a bit into the errors and then just hang forever. I tried /sf and /ss , /sf just can't find any protection on exe and fails, and /ss hangs forever.

I am able to dump the discs with alcohol and clonecd, but they don't do any error checking at all and make bad dumps.

Please advise. Disc is The Settlers III Mission CD, and uses some kind of ring protection, but it is not RingProtech or Laserlock.

Plextor PX-760A 1.07 (+30) : Plextor PX-716SA 1.11 (+30) : Plextor PX-W5224A 1.04 (+30) : Plextor PX-W4824 1.07 (+30) : Plextor PX-W4012TA 1.07 (+98) : Plextor PX-W1610TA (+99) : Plextor PX-W1210TA 1.10 (+99) : Lite-On LTR-48246S (+6) : Lite-On LTR-52246S (+6) : Lite-On LH-20A1H LL0DN (+6) : BenQ DW1655 BCIB (+618) : ASUS DRW-2014L1 1.02 (+6) : Yamaha CRW-F1 (+733) : Optiarc SA-7290H5 1H44 (+48) : ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.02 (+6)

2,061

Nexy wrote:

Disc is The Settlers III Mission CD, and uses some kind of ring protection, but it is not RingProtech or Laserlock.

It's Blue Byte Software original(?) protection. Germany version(http://redump.org/disc/43270/) has SYSTEM.LSK. This file are protected.

1. Edit the 2nd line of ReadErrorProtect.txt
2. Try this process -> "Dumping Guide for LaserLock and Proring" of https://github.com/saramibreak/DiscImageCreator/wiki

2,062 (edited by Nexy 2019-08-20 07:51:43)

Yes it has this hidden SYSTEM.LSK file (good to know), but DIC is not detecting it and then ignoring /sf switch. Maybe because it's marked hidden? I am trying with 5224TA, maybe tomorrow I try it with 716 but I think result is the same, I had this same issue with the Skidoo Racing.

:EDIT:

Yes tried with your exact example, no protection detected and /sf is ignored. Infinite hang on error sectors.

Plextor PX-760A 1.07 (+30) : Plextor PX-716SA 1.11 (+30) : Plextor PX-W5224A 1.04 (+30) : Plextor PX-W4824 1.07 (+30) : Plextor PX-W4012TA 1.07 (+98) : Plextor PX-W1610TA (+99) : Plextor PX-W1210TA 1.10 (+99) : Lite-On LTR-48246S (+6) : Lite-On LTR-52246S (+6) : Lite-On LH-20A1H LL0DN (+6) : BenQ DW1655 BCIB (+618) : ASUS DRW-2014L1 1.02 (+6) : Yamaha CRW-F1 (+733) : Optiarc SA-7290H5 1H44 (+48) : ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.02 (+6)

2,063

I tried and detected it.

Checking SubQ adr (Track) 13/13
Checking SubRtoW (Track) 13/13
Reading DirectoryRecord  262/ 262
Checking EXE   35
Detected a protected file [SYSTEM.LSK]. LBA 219893 to 230644
Set OpCode: 0xd8, SubCode: 8(Raw)

Did you really do this?

1. Edit the 2nd line of ReadErrorProtect.txt

2,064

I missed that but, I don't want to skip the file. Some of the sectors are good, error recovery needs to be better. I don't know why DIC hangs like that, when other programs do not. Perhaps you can improve this behavior to not need some special directives.

Plextor PX-760A 1.07 (+30) : Plextor PX-716SA 1.11 (+30) : Plextor PX-W5224A 1.04 (+30) : Plextor PX-W4824 1.07 (+30) : Plextor PX-W4012TA 1.07 (+98) : Plextor PX-W1610TA (+99) : Plextor PX-W1210TA 1.10 (+99) : Lite-On LTR-48246S (+6) : Lite-On LTR-52246S (+6) : Lite-On LH-20A1H LL0DN (+6) : BenQ DW1655 BCIB (+618) : ASUS DRW-2014L1 1.02 (+6) : Yamaha CRW-F1 (+733) : Optiarc SA-7290H5 1H44 (+48) : ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.02 (+6)

2,065 (edited by Nexy 2019-08-21 02:37:38)

I've dumped it with your method, but readable sectors are missing and Reentrant's tool doesn't work for this. I'll do some capturing with bushound on alcohol so you can see what they do, claunia looked and they changed the mode so it doesn't hang.

In the mean time can you make it so ReadErrorProtect.txt can handle multiple files, Ski-Doo Team Racing is indeed using RingPROTECH but it has multiple files, here's a list.

style2.css
sno.ext
ds0.bl0
setup.mp
x-team_ss.ext
setextra.ex

Plextor PX-760A 1.07 (+30) : Plextor PX-716SA 1.11 (+30) : Plextor PX-W5224A 1.04 (+30) : Plextor PX-W4824 1.07 (+30) : Plextor PX-W4012TA 1.07 (+98) : Plextor PX-W1610TA (+99) : Plextor PX-W1210TA 1.10 (+99) : Lite-On LTR-48246S (+6) : Lite-On LTR-52246S (+6) : Lite-On LH-20A1H LL0DN (+6) : BenQ DW1655 BCIB (+618) : ASUS DRW-2014L1 1.02 (+6) : Yamaha CRW-F1 (+733) : Optiarc SA-7290H5 1H44 (+48) : ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.02 (+6)

2,066

Nexy wrote:

but readable sectors are missing

- changed: rereading http://www.mediafire.com/file/eq80y20l9 … st.7z/file

2,067

OK testing.

Plextor PX-760A 1.07 (+30) : Plextor PX-716SA 1.11 (+30) : Plextor PX-W5224A 1.04 (+30) : Plextor PX-W4824 1.07 (+30) : Plextor PX-W4012TA 1.07 (+98) : Plextor PX-W1610TA (+99) : Plextor PX-W1210TA 1.10 (+99) : Lite-On LTR-48246S (+6) : Lite-On LTR-52246S (+6) : Lite-On LH-20A1H LL0DN (+6) : BenQ DW1655 BCIB (+618) : ASUS DRW-2014L1 1.02 (+6) : Yamaha CRW-F1 (+733) : Optiarc SA-7290H5 1H44 (+48) : ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.02 (+6)

2,068 (edited by Nexy 2019-08-22 09:33:35)

Thanks, its is reading the sectors now but takes ages, I will let it run over night.

Another issue, I don't know if it's the DVD drives or a bug in DIC. There is no C2 errors but some sectors are corrupted after unscrambling. Here is the log of the latest one I had this happen. This only happens with my 716 and 760, it does not happen with any of the CD drives.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DwwR2 … umsj3u3FjM

:edit:

Spoke too soon, still hangs about 10 sectors in, infinite hang. Must be the read mode or something.

Plextor PX-760A 1.07 (+30) : Plextor PX-716SA 1.11 (+30) : Plextor PX-W5224A 1.04 (+30) : Plextor PX-W4824 1.07 (+30) : Plextor PX-W4012TA 1.07 (+98) : Plextor PX-W1610TA (+99) : Plextor PX-W1210TA 1.10 (+99) : Lite-On LTR-48246S (+6) : Lite-On LTR-52246S (+6) : Lite-On LH-20A1H LL0DN (+6) : BenQ DW1655 BCIB (+618) : ASUS DRW-2014L1 1.02 (+6) : Yamaha CRW-F1 (+733) : Optiarc SA-7290H5 1H44 (+48) : ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.02 (+6)

2,069

Uploaded: http://www.mediafire.com/file/eq80y20l9 … st.7z/file
- added: output 96bytes of SubChannel in subError.txt if crc16 doesn't match.

Nexy wrote:

Another issue, I don't know if it's the DVD drives or a bug in DIC. There is no C2 errors but some sectors are corrupted after unscrambling. Here is the log of the latest one I had this happen. This only happens with my 716 and 760, it does not happen with any of the CD drives.

Some dumpers also have reported this. I've thought this is the problem of drives.

If you have time, please test below.
1. Dump your disc using cdtoimg.exe (d8 hacked) and descramble using Descramble_CDDA.exe.

If I remember right, cdtoimg uses the submode 00 (only main-channel is dumped). If Descramble_CDDA can descramble all sectors with no errors, I think the submode 08 (main+c2+sub) of DVD drive have bug.

2,070 (edited by Nexy 2019-08-23 19:00:27)

Well I looked at the sectors in cdmage, on one disc the sync is shifted by 16 bytes to the right (safedisc) and on another disc the sync is shifted into the previous sector's ecc/edc area (normal disc). So yeah I think this is a bug with the DVD drives.

Plextor PX-760A 1.07 (+30) : Plextor PX-716SA 1.11 (+30) : Plextor PX-W5224A 1.04 (+30) : Plextor PX-W4824 1.07 (+30) : Plextor PX-W4012TA 1.07 (+98) : Plextor PX-W1610TA (+99) : Plextor PX-W1210TA 1.10 (+99) : Lite-On LTR-48246S (+6) : Lite-On LTR-52246S (+6) : Lite-On LH-20A1H LL0DN (+6) : BenQ DW1655 BCIB (+618) : ASUS DRW-2014L1 1.02 (+6) : Yamaha CRW-F1 (+733) : Optiarc SA-7290H5 1H44 (+48) : ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.02 (+6)

2,071

Nexy wrote:

Well I looked at the sectors in cdmage, on one disc the sync is shifted by 16 bytes to the right (safedisc) and on another disc the sync is shifted into the previous sector's ecc/edc area (normal disc). So yeah I think this is a bug with the DVD drives.

I think so, too.

Nexy wrote:

Ski-Doo Team Racing is indeed using RingPROTECH but it has multiple files, here's a list.

No. RingPROTECH / ProRing have always protect.pro. This file occupies the size about 40MB.

2,072

Well I don't know what it is then, there are only so many ring protections and it's similar to the Settlers one.

It would be nice if I can skip all these files tho, that shouldn't be hard to implement.

Is there any chance of slowing down the drive on read errors automatically?

Plextor PX-760A 1.07 (+30) : Plextor PX-716SA 1.11 (+30) : Plextor PX-W5224A 1.04 (+30) : Plextor PX-W4824 1.07 (+30) : Plextor PX-W4012TA 1.07 (+98) : Plextor PX-W1610TA (+99) : Plextor PX-W1210TA 1.10 (+99) : Lite-On LTR-48246S (+6) : Lite-On LTR-52246S (+6) : Lite-On LH-20A1H LL0DN (+6) : BenQ DW1655 BCIB (+618) : ASUS DRW-2014L1 1.02 (+6) : Yamaha CRW-F1 (+733) : Optiarc SA-7290H5 1H44 (+48) : ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.02 (+6)

2,073

Nexy wrote:

Ski-Doo Team Racing

I'll get it to test. Please tell me the region and UPC/EAN.

Nexy wrote:

Is there any chance of slowing down the drive on read errors automatically?

Why? I don't think slow reading generates good reading. If you think slow reading is good, you need to specify that.

2,074

The outer areas of the disc need slower speed to not get read errors when they are "over burned" size. I have to stop a dump and redump with slower speed to avoid C2 errors on some discs. SafeDisc in particular is annoying with this, but also other overburned discs. It is normal drive behavior to slow the disc a bit when read errors occur, other tools do it too. Plextors support both CLV and CAV, the slower speeds are CLV.

Ski-Doo X-Team Racing is USA region, UPC is 0 79714 50970 2

The Europe region has a different protection.

I would still ask if you make it so exceeding the read error count for a sector doesn't abort the whole dump either normally or with a switch.

Plextor PX-760A 1.07 (+30) : Plextor PX-716SA 1.11 (+30) : Plextor PX-W5224A 1.04 (+30) : Plextor PX-W4824 1.07 (+30) : Plextor PX-W4012TA 1.07 (+98) : Plextor PX-W1610TA (+99) : Plextor PX-W1210TA 1.10 (+99) : Lite-On LTR-48246S (+6) : Lite-On LTR-52246S (+6) : Lite-On LH-20A1H LL0DN (+6) : BenQ DW1655 BCIB (+618) : ASUS DRW-2014L1 1.02 (+6) : Yamaha CRW-F1 (+733) : Optiarc SA-7290H5 1H44 (+48) : ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.02 (+6)

2,075

Nexy wrote:

The outer areas of the disc need slower speed to not get read errors when they are "over burned" size. I have to stop a dump and redump with slower speed to avoid C2 errors on some discs.

Then, you should use the slow speed from the beginning when dump the over burned disc.
Or if DIC can detect it is the overburned disc, DIC can set the slow speed forcibly.

Nexy wrote:

Ski-Doo X-Team Racing is USA region, UPC is 0 79714 50970 2

The Europe region has a different protection.

Thanks. I'll order it by amazon or ebay. Btw, what protection the Europe version has?