Hopefully somebody can help me out here. I've been dumping a bunch of Xbox games to submit to the database, both new games and verifications, and for some reason the CRC32 value of the SS.bin file I dump from my games never matches the CRC32 value of games already in the database. Every other checksum matches up: the dmi.bin and pfi.bin, the CRC32, MD5, and SHA-1 of track01.iso, sectors, image size, etc. They all match up perfectly. The only difference is the SS.bin file, and it happens every time. I've tried dumping SS.bin multiple times and it's consistent every time with my drive, just not with games already in the database. Does each DVD drive handle the SS.bin file differently or something? BTW I'm using a SH-D163B drive. The games are dumping fine, but I just want to make sure before I keep going that the mismatch in the SS.bin files isn't going to be a problem for adding games to the database and verifying others.

could you provide some info about SS extraction tool, extraction options, etc.

ss.bin example file would be useful

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

hmm  it's not unusual that the security sectors from different discs/dumpers don't match.

http://redump.org/disc/6151/ 6 different dumpers + 3 different ss hashes.

indeed Ghazy,
and in case he is using XBC (Xbox Backup Creator), then i would not worry to much about mismatching SS files.

if you can answer the following 2 questions with YES, then it is probably okay and you can continue dumping ))

• are you using XBC for SS.bin (Security Sector) extraction ?

• don't you using "Unlock Drive" before extracting the Security Sector ?

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

I am using Xbox Backup Creator version 2.9 build 0306, which as far as I know is the latest version. I just tried to dump the SS.bin file for the third time for the same game and I got the same CRC32 checksum I've been getting for it, so at least it's consistent on my system. From what you guys said I guess it's normal to get different checksums for the SS.bin file, and since everything else matches I'll just continue dumping my games and submit them. Thanks for your replies!