Rocknroms wrote:

This http://redump.org/disc/8047/ is the only exception, the other one is the same of my examples, that is not garbage unless it has wrong offset.

Wrong, you can't dump WWF by reading the descrambled sectors and rescrambling them - this won't give you the proper image.

Rocknroms wrote:

About the other point you don't fix anything, simply speed up the process importing the same sectors from an empty image without redumping it with cdtoimg or trap disc. There's nothing to fix or modify, disc has always the same structure, if it's mode1 for example, all empty sectors will have the same header at same position for any disc with mode1 form unless toc is fake.

Please, don't ever generate any data, every byte should be read from CD, over. Your method is only good for converting the random dumps to match our dats, but if you're gonna add such semi-generated dumps into db - I'll kill you. You can't say the sector on the particular CD is good and doesn't have any mastering errors without reading it - you can only assume that and assuming is always bad, especially when you claim that the dump comes from the actual CD.

I don't assume anything, I'm complete sure as I recovered those sectors (not my dumps) this way (scrambled and unscrambled) and because those are empty sectors that are always the same in the same position.

And I repeat those sector are not garbage, garbage is something else: wrong offset detection or bytes added by firmware or program, bytes not present on CD.

Your method is only good for converting the random dumps to match our dats

What's the difference if they match? I don't say to do this when you like but after analysing subs... if subs say something, is this wrong now?
I only say: TEST WHAT I SAID instead of assuming it's wrong because you assume wrongly that empty data sectors are something different. If I got 99 matches on 100 this is not assuming, but it's a proof where you have the remaining one (see Sakura Tsushin) as exception. We have a lot of exceptions in DB so please don't tell me that an exception doesn't make a rule because we can close DB as everything could be wrong.

Moreover I never said I want to submit dumps this way, mine was an analisys about something; did you read somewhere I wanted to add discs dumped this way?

I find this solution not only for recovering dumps around but also because as you should remember I have problems dumping Gunbird with cdtoimg

Please, don't ever generate any data, every byte should be read from CD

It's better also not to repeat this everytime you want something to match your thoughs because again we can close DB as everything could be wrong (psx, safedisc, all dvds, 2 tracks discs, etc.).

My patch requests thread
--------------------------------

Rocknroms wrote:

And I repeat those sector are not garbage, garbage is something else: wrong offset detection or bytes added by firmware or program, bytes not present on CD.

I've never said those sectors are garbage, I've said that a data track with a glued audio gap on the end has garbage between the descrambled data and audio sectors and even if it were possible to disable descrambling for audio gap when there are data sectors, that gap would be incomplete due to that garbage.