Hey guys,

I can't connect to foreverchat for the following reason:

14:25:45 [foreverchat] -!- ERROR Closing Link: Nintendud[68.112.230.123] (User
          has been banned from ForeverChat (You were found to be connecting to
          this network via an open proxy server (see
          http://akill.foreverchat.net)))

Here are a few issues with this:
1) My ISP just gave me this IP two days ago, so I don't think it was me who was banned. I hate Charter... they give me a new IP every week or so.
2) I don't use a proxy server to connect to the network.
3) akill.foreverchat.net does not work. In fact, foreverchat.net DNSes to Google.com without a www prefix, and www.akill.foreverchat.net does not work.
4) The akill page at http://www.foreverchat.net/index.php?page=akilled mentions to use the forum to report issues with akills, but the forum is down due to a database problem.

So, someone needs to get an IRCop to read this. o_O

Here's the information they want:

1) The ENTIRE akill message. We need it to see what your host mask is, the reason you were killed, etc.

See above.

2) Your NICKNAME, if registered in services, will assist us in locating it also.

Nintendud

3) If you were akilled for a specific reason, i.e. by SecureServ for having a virus, you need to solve the problem before we remove the akill. If you don't, and we remove it, its just going to nail you again when you reconnect.

I'm not connecting through a proxy.

4) A contact email address that works.

nintendud@gmail.com

5) If needed, an explanation as to why you feel you shouldn't be akilled.

I did not do what was described in the akill message. Also, I just got this IP two days ago, so this may be an old ban. If it is not, please let me know what I can do to correct whatever is wrong.

Thanks, guys.

2 (edited by Nintendud 2009-09-30 02:45:50)

Please, guys? I mentioned it to them in #help [when I was at work; I'm home now so I can't visit again], but they didn't respond to me before I left. sad

Thanks.

I want to thank you guys for viewing this 40+ times and not doing anything.

Seriously. I'm still banned, I cannot chat with any of you, and I want to get this resolved. All you need to do is join #help, mention my case, and idle there to wait for a response. This forum post is accessible from the internet, so the IRCop will not need to log in to view it.

None of the IRCops have emailed me, so I don't know if they are ignoring me, or what.

Thanks.

I can't help you as I don't even have mirc installed atm, but why don't you try a web-based irc and see if that works?

5 (edited by Havikoro 2009-09-30 17:39:54)

I joined #help and asked if they could help out with the problem and pasted a link to this thread. I saw Stalker-X in there as well so people are trying to help you out man don't think that we aren't.  smile

Thanks. I didn't hear any reply here, and there's no way to connect to the IRC channel because my IP is banned. I could try a web based client, but most of those IPs are banned due to abuse.

Sorry for being agitated.

Well, they have clearly seen your message about the akill.

have you tried changing your IP?

it's often enough to change MAC address
or sometimes it could be linked to PC name too

Unfortunately, I cannot change my IP on command. My ISP just determines at random intervals (usually every few weeks) to change it on me.

I'm pretty sure it's an IP ban. I'm a bit frustrated that nobody from foreverchat has tried contacting me about this issue. hmm

Changing my router's MAC address is a very frustrating process due to my ISP, and shouldn't be visible to the foreverchat servers... at least, I don't think that information is communicated!

And, if it's linked to my PC's name, then it means that I tripped the akill somehow, so changing the name won't help in the long run. I need to know how to prevent tripping it in the future if that is true.

*sigh*

Still no email or anything from the IRCops. Thank you all for trying.

For once, I'm actually hoping that my ISP changes my IP again soon, since it seems like all of the IRCops are either dead, or they don't care about their users. Hopefully this doesn't happen to anybody else.

11 (edited by Havikoro 2009-10-02 21:10:37)

Yea the situation sucks Nintendud and unfortunately the ops honestly seem to be showing no interest in the matter at all. Hopefully like you said your ip will change and you won't have to deal with it anymore.

foreverchat has become a "dead" chat network it has servers but the ircops have burned themselves out dealing with a massive amount of spam they used to recieve on the network daily.  It's quite annoying when you cant watch bsbt flood 30 gamecube dumps and whatnot.

hopefully someone helps fix your situation :-)

Collecting USA Wii and NGC

13 (edited by Nintendud 2009-10-05 05:07:29)

Still banned. I'm glad to know that we picked such a friendly and active IRC network to host the channel. tongue

I'm unbanned now for some reason. Hmm..

Oh well!

I'll contact a IRCop immediately to fix this problem with you being unbanned

you should be banned always!!

Collecting USA Wii and NGC