1 (edited by Intothisworld 2021-11-02 11:38:15)

I have a question in regards to the discussion in this topic: http://forum.redump.org/topic/27775/add … oundtrack/

In this post, Enker mentions that it's not possible for a program like DIC to determine the write offset for most audio CDs. But I got to thinking about it... If that's the case, how is it that AccurateRip was able to implement its "cross-pressing verification" feature? When I use CueTools or dbPoweramp to rip/verify discs, those programs immediately know how the disc corresponds to other discs in the database, even those with different offsets. CueTools will even tell you specifically the offset number of that particular pressing. Is Enker mistaken here? Or is there something else at play with AR's method that doesn't work with our approach here at Redump with DIC?

2 (edited by Jackal 2021-11-02 19:56:06)

There is no write offset correction for audio CD's, just read offset correction. IIRC the way these audio databases can link different pressings is by hashing the tracks without leading and trailing zeroes, thereby eliminating any offset differences and by measuring the amount of zeroes and storing them alongside the hashes, it's possible to calculate the offset difference.

3 (edited by Intothisworld 2021-11-05 21:35:15)

In the case of this Kirby disc, when you popped it into an actual CD player, would it likely start playing at +12 samples already into the audio?