Well, I tried to dump "Rittai Ninja Katsugeki: Tenchu SLPS-01272" and get an additional sector at the end (full of zero!)

It's a 1 track CD.

I followed the Converting tutorial from Rocknroms but without success.  I tried to resize the bin by removing the unnecessary sector (resize -r -2352 "cd.bin") (also tired with the track.bin) but without success.

When scanning with psxt00lz I get the following:

Size (bytes):   545118336
From image:     545120688
Size (sectors): 231768
From image:     231769
EDC in Form 2 sectors: YES
ID: SLPS-01272
Date: 1997-10-16
System area: Jap EDC

Where both size and sectors fits the redump DB but still I do not understand the From image comment !

I also tried to fix the image, using  psxt00lz  but without success.

Any help welcome.

Thx

hello hardrider

when it's single data track PSX CD, all you need to do is extract it with IsoBuster.
(resizing is for CDs that contain CDDA only.)
calculate CRCs at this point.
then you can do psxt00lz --fix or scan it with CDMage (or such),
if you want to be certain (but don't fix with Mage - just scan)
and would you recalculate CRCs now they should match to previous
(in other words - there should not be errors in last sectors of image
if there are logical errors in other sectors - they should not be fixed)

if this CD isn't in DB yet or if it is but your CRCs differ -
dump it atleast twice and verify that your CRCs always match among themselves

when you do 'psxt00lz "Track 01.bin"' or 'psxt00lz --fix "Track 01.bin"', output should look like:
File: Track 01.bin
Size (bytes):   545120688 (OK)
Size (sectors): 231769 (OK)
and so on
output you got is because physical track size differs from the one stored in image. (because you did resize)

don't worry about having different size from db, when ther's only one track - ther's practically nowhere to go wrong,
so what you have is likely a different version

hardrider wrote:

Size (bytes):   545118336
From image:     545120688
Size (sectors): 231768
From image:     231769
EDC in Form 2 sectors: YES
ID: SLPS-01272
Date: 1997-10-16
System area: Jap EDC

your 'Tenchu' is a different version.
please see this post. (& next my post wink)
http://forum.redump.org/post/15388/#p15388

Thanks themabus for the answer.  This reconfort me in a way that, for single data track, if I extract it from 2 different reader and get the same, then it's 100% dumped.

I'm quite sure I will come back with plenty of question when I will dump multi tracks :-) 

Also thanks to fuzzball for your link. 

What I do not understand is why there is different versions (in that case at least 2) of that game where the date is the same.  I would understand if this is V1.1 with an older date for exemple, but here how is it possible ?

Normally, there should be only 1 glassmaster produced when game goes gold ...  Is it something which is often the cases or only a few games have different version (with same exe date) ?

Well, still a lot to understand with these redump processes :-)  Interesting,  for sure :-)

it is indeed a rare case, but i think - not the first one.
one CD is likely more, recent even tho exe date does not differ, it could even be that exe is the same.
ther's some cosmetic changes, maybe, or small fixes, that could be made in data files without recompiling.