Hello! Here's something for your consideration.

We recently did a group community buy to acquire a nice lot of prototypes for various systems. We finished going through the PS2 stuff and were able to successfully dump 28 discs using DICUI. Instead of creating a thread for each disc I thought I'd just zip everything up and put it here instead. I included all the output logs and misc files (excluding the actual dump itself of course) which you can grab here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/tst7glzpayyu2t0/file

This part of the lot included the following:

.Hack Infection Part 1 (Jan 9, 2004 prototype)
Amplitude (May 27, 2003 prototype)
Black (Aug 16, 2005 prototype)
BMX XXX (Oct 9, 2002 prototype)
Capcom Fighting Jam (Oct 29, 2004 prototype)
Carol Vorderman's Sudoku (Jun 7, 2006 prototype)
Cold Winter (Feb 9, 2005 prototype)
Crisis Zone (Jun 18, 2004 prototype)
Dead to Rights (Apr 25, 2003 prototype)
eJay Club World: The Music Making Experience (Jun 27, 2002 prototype)
EyeToy: Play (Mar 19, 2003 prototype)
Guilty Gear Isuka (Oct 6, 2004 prototype)
King of Fighters 2002 (Apr 7, 2005 prototype)
Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes (Aug 8, 2002 prototype)
Midnight Club: Street Racing (Oct 17, 2000 prototype)
Onimusha 2: Samurai's Destiny (Jul 24, 2002 prototype)
RoboCop (May 14, 2001 prototype)
Soulcalibur III (Oct 4, 2005 prototype)
Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror (Jun 22, 2007 prototype)
Tekken 4 (Jun 13, 2002 prototype)
TimeSplitters 2 (Aug 25, 2002 prototype)
TimeSplitters: Future Perfect (Jan 7, 2005 prototype)
Transformers (Mar 22, 2004 prototype)
Viewtiful Joe (Sep 2, 2004 prototype)
Warhammer 40,000 - Fire Warrior (Jul 7, 2003 prototype)
Without Warning (Aug 8, 2005 prototype)
XIII (Aug 7, 2003 prototype)
XIII (Jul 31, 2003 prototype)

The lot is currently being dumped with various drives and versions of DIC. The dumps included are only the ones that produced dumps that matched and contain minor errors in mainlog. There are a few dumps that produced errors for various reasons, but they don't seem to be anything that would affect the quality of the dump itself? Here are the notable ones:

-------------------------------------------------------------
King of Fighters 2002 (Apr 7, 2005 prototype):
We sometimes used a LG WH14NS40 (with SVC NS50) with Asus BW-16D1HT 3.02 firmware on some of the prototypes on CD-Rs as an alternative to using the Plextors. One common thing we saw was that most CD-Rs dumped with a "ILLEGAL_REQUEST - LOGICAL BLOCK ADDRESS OUT OF RANGE" error (see Dump 1). This doesn't occur with DVD-Rs, just CD-Rs. The dump is perfectly fine though, as dumping the same disc with the Plextor produces no error but gives the same dump (checksums match). I know that having the LG drive flashed with the Asus firmware is kind of on going in terms of research, but I figure I mention it here and include a dump made using this method.

Midnight Club - Street Racing (Oct 17, 2000 prototype):
Same deal as above but we never redumped this in another dump. However both dumps contain the same error with the same drive so its likely the same issue as seen in KoF 2002.

Onimusha 2 - Samurai's Destiny (Jul 24, 2002 prototype):
Dumped using a Plextor, but produced a "ILLEGAL_REQUEST - INVALID FIELD IN CDB" at
LBA[000000, 0000000] on each dump. Most likely a weird mastering error?

RoboCop (May 14, 2001 prototype):
I believe DICUI thought the disc was initially a Sega CD disc for Dump 1. Dump 2 is with the proper profile and produced no errors. Both dumps identical, though.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I have some discs that wouldn't read in DIC too. But I'm unsure if the error is due to the disc's mastering or a physical hardware issue. Should I post these in the DiscImageCreator thread?

Let me know if you need additional information for the submissioninfo. Apologies for any mistakes I might've made.

>I have some discs that wouldn't read in DIC too. But I'm unsure if the error is due to the disc's mastering or a physical hardware issue. Should I post these in the DiscImageCreator thread?

Yes please, but for DVD-Rs dump twice with IsoBuster and confirm hashes match and submit. You can probably do the same for any CD-Rs with no audio tracks (dump on two different drive models if possible and confirm hashes match).

Bump. Mods let me know if you need help and i'll submit these via New Form.

Thanks again ehw for these submissions! Glad HP is helping out smile

Carol Vorderman's Sudoku is a verify of this: http://redump.org/disc/26684/
New info, Edition: Promo

https://hiddenpalace.org/Carol_Vorderma … prototype)
logs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dtQgaw … sp=sharing

user7 wrote:

Bump. Mods let me know if you need help and i'll submit these via New Form.

Thanks again ehw for these submissions! Glad HP is helping out smile

Yes please, if you can submit everything with the New Disc form it's really better, also for the PS1 submissions from ehw.

Plextor: PX-W4012TU, PX-W5224TA, Premium, PX-716SA
HP (Toshiba/Samsung): TS-H353A - Kreon FW
HP (Hitachi/LG): BH40N - crossflashed with LG BH16NS40 FW

Im chipping away at ps2. So far 2 have been entered and two more submitted. Ps1 would be great to have some help with. Maybe the ps1 mods can split them?

Sure, i hope to get some more free time to check also the PS1 releases.
And also @ehw, we would like to see the ringcodes for all the discs, especially the pressed Promo discs because these are easily readable and in most case identical to the original retail copy.

Plextor: PX-W4012TU, PX-W5224TA, Premium, PX-716SA
HP (Toshiba/Samsung): TS-H353A - Kreon FW
HP (Hitachi/LG): BH40N - crossflashed with LG BH16NS40 FW