Good afternoon.

I'm trying to convert this translation patch of "Rondo Of Blood" for PC-Engine/Turbografx, only available for .cue+.iso+.wav format to Redump's .cue+.bin format.

https://www.romhacking.net/translations/846/

So, as part of the process I've done:

Redump's dump -> .cue+.iso+.wat -> patching

Now, I need to convert it back to Redump's format again, make the comparison and build the new patch. Any idea how I can do it? I tried using your dumping software with a virtual drive (Daemon Tools) for the patched files but no luck. I receive some error messages (I assume because the software needs a physical drive).

Regards and thanks in advance

PS. I know I don't need to convert it back to Redump's format to play it. It's simply that, tired of being manually patching the games I'm interested in, I've created a script that is able to automatically patch Redump's files.

2 (edited by wiggy2k 2019-03-09 23:04:10)

redump bin = wav just without the RIFF header.
just strip the first 22 bytes (google it and double check that - i'm going from memory here) and rename to .bin

edit.... it might actually be 44 bytes, i can't remember, anyway as i say google will help.

Alternatively....

open your cue file in ISObuster and right click each track and > extract RAW, 2352 bytes/block

and save each track as track xx.bin

Thank you very much, wiggy2k, but it hasn't worked.

In IsoBuster you can right-click over the CD, the Session inside, and the Track inside the session. None of them seem to work. Somehow I get like an audio test tool.

Regards

PS. For the wav files, you need to trim 44 bytes from the beginning.

Post's attachments

screen capture 2019-03-09 23-29-12.png 15.08 kb, 10 downloads since 2019-03-10 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.