Here are 3 titles from the Miss List. I have an extensive DVD interactive game collection but I currently do not yet have access to the DVD-Video dats. Is that something an admin has to approve? I would love to see if there are any I have that aren't on the miss list/in the database or alternate versions.


Dragon's Lair III

Title: Dragon's Lair III
System: DVD-Video
Media Type: DVD-ROM-9
Category: Games
Region: USA/CAN
Languages: English
Disc Serial: Dragon's Lair 3
Ringcode Information:
    Outer Mastering Ring: DRAGON'S LAIR 3    04101920N    L1
    Inner Mastering Ring: 04101919N    L0
    Outer Mastering SID Code: IFPI LB76
    Inner Mastering SID Code: IFPI LB75
    Mould SID Code: IFPI 2N96
    Outer Toolstamp or Mastering Code: (REQUIRED, IF EXISTS)
    Inner Toolstamp or Mastering Code: DRAGON'S LAIR 3 MADE IN TAIWAN
Barcode: 624719990836
Edition/Release: Original
Layerbreak: 2052624
Primary Volume Descriptor (PVD):

0320 : 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20  20 20 20 20 20 32 30 30                200
0330 : 34 30 39 32 38 32 33 33  37 33 34 30 30 10 32 30   4092823373400.20
0340 : 30 34 30 39 32 38 32 33  33 37 33 34 30 30 10 30   04092823373400.0
0350 : 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30  30 30 30 30 30 30 30 00   000000000000000.
0360 : 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30  30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30   0000000000000000
0370 : 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00   ................

Copy Protection:

Region: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Copyright Protection System Type: No

DAT:

<rom name="Dragon's Lair III.iso" size="6898155520" crc="51238a3d" md5="364a3d96ccca0315e1661f993210db54" sha1="836127bd8e916a02e1a9440ab155b6277e7c0b9e" />

DAT: https://mega.nz/#!T3o2HKha!fitAGU-ZUvyf … CzuxV6HDfk


Tender Loving Care

Title: Tender Loving Care
System: DVD-Video
Media Type: DVD-ROM-9
Category: Games
Region: USA
Languages: English
Disc Serial: DVDI 0719
Ringcode Information:
    Outer Mastering Ring: DVD TLC 2 LAYER 1    MPO    06    @@@@
    Inner Mastering Ring: DVD TLC 2 LAYER 0    MPO    02    @@@@
    Mould SID Code: IFPI 017F
Barcode: 647715071927
Edition/Release: Original
Layerbreak: 1891552
Primary Volume Descriptor (PVD):

0320 : 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20  20 20 20 20 20 31 39 39                199
0330 : 39 30 32 30 31 31 36 35  32 31 39 30 30 E0 30 30   9020116521900.00
0340 : 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30  30 30 30 30 30 30 00 30   00000000000000.0
0350 : 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30  30 30 30 30 30 30 30 00   000000000000000.
0360 : 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30  30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30   0000000000000000
0370 : 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00   ................

Copy Protection:

Region: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Copyright Protection System Type: No

DAT:

<rom name="Tender Loving Care (USA).iso" size="7362422784" crc="22b0feca" md5="ccd16e7fc9d48e4ce6a48db8444b4d75" sha1="5c5098b5cd63ec81db624df116ac89a2599f7893" />

DAT: https://mega.nz/#!rromAAiY!kG9kG4MQhS1- … hvTQMfqdN8


Harry Potter Interactive Game - Hogwarts Challenge

Title: Harry Potter Interactive Game - Hogwarts Challenge
System: DVD-Video
Media Type: DVD-ROM-9
Category: Games
Region: USA
Languages: 
Disc Serial: 115314
Ringcode Information:
    Outer Mastering Ring: 7Y    115314.1.A    VB01
    Inner Mastering Ring: 7Y    115314.1.B    VB04
    Outer Mastering SID Code: IFPI L907
    Inner Mastering SID Code: IFPI L907
    Mould SID Code: IFPI 2UV4
    Outer Toolstamp or Mastering Code: M154
Barcode: 085931153146
Edition/Release: Original
Layerbreak: 1599440
Primary Volume Descriptor (PVD):

0320 : 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20  20 20 20 20 20 32 30 30                200
0330 : 37 30 39 31 32 32 33 34  35 30 32 30 30 30 30 30   7091223450200000
0340 : 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30  30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30   0000000000000000
0350 : 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30  30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30   0000000000000000
0360 : 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30  30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30   0000000000000000
0370 : 30 01 00 00 00 00 00 00  00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00   0...............

Copy Protection:

Region: 1 3 4
Copyright Protection System Type: CSS/CPPM
Encrypted Disc Key: 57 58 53 20 EA
Player Key: 01 AF E3 12 80
Decrypted Disc Key: 2B 36 E4 E9 D7

DAT:

<rom name="Harry Potter Interactive Game - Hogwarts Challenge (USA).iso" size="6033356800" crc="b7cb536b" md5="f420bd984d7085b7ba47a3ce7b90d1b0" sha1="3de01e164c90c4bbc05ed504399cfe1238cef504" />

DAT: https://mega.nz/#!K6pSVCZb!JpxcwmhVrLFL … uXOkbSAxQ4

I have a few concerns about these disc's ringcodes, so I'd like you to get pictures of the ringcodes of these discs as well.

If you could also check both sides of each disc for mould SIDs, that would be great as well (because getting pictures of them can be rather difficult).

I also have specific concerns with each disc:

Dragon's Lair III:

Serials are usually strings of letters and/or numbers on the disc label. They don't usually appear as normal words like that. Could you take a picture of the disc label where you see "Dragon's Lair 3"?

Also, I'm concerned about how "DRAGON'S LAIR 3" is part of the mastering code in the upper layer, but part of the toolstamp in the lower layer. If that's how it actually appears on the disc, fair enough, but I'm just being paranoid currently.


Tender Loving Care:
Are you sure about the lack of Mastering SIDs? Sure, I've seen DVDs without them before, but I'd just like to make sure.


Harry Potter:
I have no concerns specific to this disc. Just check for the other mould SID and tell me which one is data-side and which is label side.

Here ya go!

Dragons Lair III: https://mega.nz/#F!v7YDQQIQ!YvMC9z7Djqsveir6-dd9gA
Harry Potter: https://mega.nz/#F!TmZzxaSa!CjDuQgUDwvZa4iC8D3pPeA
Tender Loving Care: https://mega.nz/#F!unRlUQaI!2X317C5E-yAxWjjv0C4NxA

I've only looked at Dragon's Lair III so far, but damn, those are some good photos! Everything's nice and visible! Good work!

Anyway, for your own reference, I'll write down the ringcodes for each disc based on what I can see:

Outer Mastering Ring: DRAGON'S LAIR 3    04101920N    L1
That's good. No changes needed. 
Inner Mastering Ring: DRAGON'S LAIR 3 MADE IN TAIWAIN    04101919N    L0
I suspected that the "DRAGON'S LAIR 3" bit was part of the mastering code rather than the toolstamp. This picture confirms that it and the "MADE IN TAIWAN" bit are part of the mastering code. The rest of that bit is fine. The toolstamp looks significantly different than the regular mastering code. 
Outer Mastering SID Code: IFPI LB76
Inner Mastering SID Code: IFPI LB75
Mastering SIDs are fine
Data Side Mould SID Code: IFPI 2N46
This is why I asked you to check both sides. Fortunately, I'm fairly confident that you won't make the same mistake twice.
Label Side Mould SID Code: IFPI 2N96
That's good, although you should always specify which side of the disc you found it on, as I wouldn't have known otherwise.

Data Side Toolstamp or Mastering Code: F1
Label Toolstamp or Mastering Code: F1
Normally, Toolstamps are upper or lower. However, I think I've identified toolstamps that are visible from both sides of the disc. One of them is below the "N" in the word "DRAGON" in the outer mastering code, and the other is below the "R" in the word "LAIR" in the lower mastering code. You should also notice that one of them is written backwards (1ꟻ) while the other isn't (F1) depending on which side of the disc you are looking at. If they weren't both F1, I would use this to decide which one is "data side" and which is "label side".

I'll write down my thoughts on the rest later tonight.

ajshell1 wrote:

I've only looked at Dragon's Lair III so far, but damn, those are some good photos! Everything's nice and visible! Good work!

Anyway, for your own reference, I'll write down the ringcodes for each disc based on what I can see:

Outer Mastering Ring: DRAGON'S LAIR 3    04101920N    L1
That's good. No changes needed. 
Inner Mastering Ring: DRAGON'S LAIR 3 MADE IN TAIWAIN    04101919N    L0
I suspected that the "DRAGON'S LAIR 3" bit was part of the mastering code rather than the toolstamp. This picture confirms that it and the "MADE IN TAIWAN" bit are part of the mastering code. The rest of that bit is fine. The toolstamp looks significantly different than the regular mastering code. 
Outer Mastering SID Code: IFPI LB76
Inner Mastering SID Code: IFPI LB75
Mastering SIDs are fine
Data Side Mould SID Code: IFPI 2N46
This is why I asked you to check both sides. Fortunately, I'm fairly confident that you won't make the same mistake twice.
Label Side Mould SID Code: IFPI 2N96
That's good, although you should always specify which side of the disc you found it on, as I wouldn't have known otherwise.

Data Side Toolstamp or Mastering Code: F1
Label Toolstamp or Mastering Code: F1
Normally, Toolstamps are upper or lower. However, I think I've identified toolstamps that are visible from both sides of the disc. One of them is below the "N" in the word "DRAGON" in the outer mastering code, and the other is below the "R" in the word "LAIR" in the lower mastering code. You should also notice that one of them is written backwards (1ꟻ) while the other isn't (F1) depending on which side of the disc you are looking at. If they weren't both F1, I would use this to decide which one is "data side" and which is "label side".

I'll write down my thoughts on the rest later tonight.


Cheers for this info! Very helpful. I think I am sitting on...13 DVD-Video releases that aren't on any of the lists so expect those to trickle in.

My thoughts on the harry potter ringcodes:

Outer Mastering Ring: 7Y 115314.1.A VB01
Inner Mastering Ring: 7Y 115314.1.B VB04
I, personally would put a space rather than a tab between those ringcode segments, but it's fine otherwise.

Outer Mastering SID Code: IFPI L907
Inner Mastering SID Code: IFPI L907
Those are fine

Data Side Mould SID Code: IFPI 2UV4
Label Side Mould SID Code: IFPI 2UV8
I can't quite say what these are for 100% certain from you pics. Don't bother taking any more pics just for the mould SIDs, it's a waste of time. I'm sure you know what numbers look like. Anyway, I could tell that the data side SID is IFPI 2UV?, where "?" is some number or letter I can't quite make out. If you say that it's "IFPI 2UV4", I'll trust you since I can't physically see your disc while you can. As for the label side mould SID, it's definitely either IFPI 2UV8 or IFPI 2UV6, although I think IFPI 2UV8 is more likely. I'm interested to hear what you think it is.

Inner Toolstamp or Mastering Code: Probably M1S4 instead of M154
Once again, we run into a toolstamp that doesn't play by the rules of the other parts of the ringcode. It's not obviously in one specific ringcode layer, but given its closeness to the center of the disc, I'd say it's an inner toolstamp.
Also, I can't quite tell if it's M154 or M1S4, but "M1S#" is a rather common toolstamp pattern on DVDs, so I personally would say it's "M1S4" based on the photos. Of course, I'd need you to confirm which it is for me.


Tender Loving Care:

Outer Mastering Ring: DVD TLC 2 LAYER 1    MPO    06 @@@@
Inner Mastering Ring: DVD TLC 2 LAYER 0    MPO    02 @@@@
I'd put a space between "0#" and "@@@@" instead of a tab, but that's good otherwise.
Outer Mastering SID Code: IFPI L036
Inner Mastering SID Code: IFPI L036
Now that you have those pictures, those mastering SID codes should be fairly easy to see.


Data Side Mould SID Code: IFPI 017F
YUCK. I can tell that there's a reflective surface on the underside of the label in the clamping area of the disc where the Mould SID Code is. That's going to make it a giant pain in the ass to read properly. The reflection of the "F" in that area is located in a place that makes you think that the "F" is actually an "E". Because of that, I can't tell for sure if the first number/letter is a "8" or if that's a "0" where the reflection is tricking me. Looking at some other MPO discs with a mastering SID of IFPI L036 makes me think that this really is "IFPI 817F". Again, I can't physically see your disc, so I suggest you break out a magnifying glass and get back to me. This is a strange disc since most DVDs have mould SID codes much closer to the center of the disc (like the other two here). Usually only CDs have a mould SID in that location. However, the PVD indicates that the master for this disc was made in 1999, which is rather early for DVDs, so oddness such as this is to be expected. I can't even see a trace of anything that might be a label-side mould SID from your label-side picture, so I doubt this disc has one. Let me know if you can find one, though.

EDIT: If you could check the languages on TLC, that would be great. It's probably just English, but I don't like adding languages without knowing for sure. Just stick it in a DVD player and check if there are any language options in a menu or something, or put it in your PC's DVD drive and open VLC to do the same thing.

EDIT2: Where do you see that "DVDI 0719" serial on Tender Loving Care? Maybe I'm going blind, but I can't see on the disc label. Is it on the box or packaging instead?

ajshell1 wrote:

My thoughts on the harry potter ringcodes:

Outer Mastering Ring: 7Y 115314.1.A VB01
Inner Mastering Ring: 7Y 115314.1.B VB04
I, personally would put a space rather than a tab between those ringcode segments, but it's fine otherwise.

Outer Mastering SID Code: IFPI L907
Inner Mastering SID Code: IFPI L907
Those are fine

Data Side Mould SID Code: IFPI 2UV4
Label Side Mould SID Code: IFPI 2UV8
I can't quite say what these are for 100% certain from you pics. Don't bother taking any more pics just for the mould SIDs, it's a waste of time. I'm sure you know what numbers look like. Anyway, I could tell that the data side SID is IFPI 2UV?, where "?" is some number or letter I can't quite make out. If you say that it's "IFPI 2UV4", I'll trust you since I can't physically see your disc while you can. As for the label side mould SID, it's definitely either IFPI 2UV8 or IFPI 2UV6, although I think IFPI 2UV8 is more likely. I'm interested to hear what you think it is.

Inner Toolstamp or Mastering Code: Probably M1S4 instead of M154
Once again, we run into a toolstamp that doesn't play by the rules of the other parts of the ringcode. It's not obviously in one specific ringcode layer, but given its closeness to the center of the disc, I'd say it's an inner toolstamp.
Also, I can't quite tell if it's M154 or M1S4, but "M1S#" is a rather common toolstamp pattern on DVDs, so I personally would say it's "M1S4" based on the photos. Of course, I'd need you to confirm which it is for me.


Tender Loving Care:

Outer Mastering Ring: DVD TLC 2 LAYER 1    MPO    06 @@@@
Inner Mastering Ring: DVD TLC 2 LAYER 0    MPO    02 @@@@
I'd put a space between "0#" and "@@@@" instead of a tab, but that's good otherwise.
Outer Mastering SID Code: IFPI L036
Inner Mastering SID Code: IFPI L036
Now that you have those pictures, those mastering SID codes should be fairly easy to see.


Data Side Mould SID Code: IFPI 017F
YUCK. I can tell that there's a reflective surface on the underside of the label in the clamping area of the disc where the Mould SID Code is. That's going to make it a giant pain in the ass to read properly. The reflection of the "F" in that area is located in a place that makes you think that the "F" is actually an "E". Because of that, I can't tell for sure if the first number/letter is a "8" or if that's a "0" where the reflection is tricking me. Looking at some other MPO discs with a mastering SID of IFPI L036 makes me think that this really is "IFPI 817F". Again, I can't physically see your disc, so I suggest you break out a magnifying glass and get back to me. This is a strange disc since most DVDs have mould SID codes much closer to the center of the disc (like the other two here). Usually only CDs have a mould SID in that location. However, the PVD indicates that the master for this disc was made in 1999, which is rather early for DVDs, so oddness such as this is to be expected. I can't even see a trace of anything that might be a label-side mould SID from your label-side picture, so I doubt this disc has one. Let me know if you can find one, though.

EDIT: If you could check the languages on TLC, that would be great. It's probably just English, but I don't like adding languages without knowing for sure. Just stick it in a DVD player and check if there are any language options in a menu or something, or put it in your PC's DVD drive and open VLC to do the same thing.

EDIT2: Where do you see that "DVDI 0719" serial on Tender Loving Care? Maybe I'm going blind, but I can't see on the disc label. Is it on the box or packaging instead?

Harry Potter:
I think you are correct that it is M1S4, it is being distorted by the plastic ring impression on the disc so it is a bit hard to see but it most likely is an S not a 5. I also think you are correct for the label and data side IFPI numbers.

TLC:
Data Side Mould SID Code: IFPI 817F
(Can be read at 2 angles only and under bright light, fun times)

Language:
Only in English

Serial Number is Printed on the Box Spine

8 (edited by ngxhackamster 2019-02-14 20:48:36)

*EDIT*

Testing Harry Potter further. I think DICUI didn't correctly get the CSS codes.

Shouldn't DIC report about DVD read errors?

I don't know what that disc cleaner could have done. All of your discs seem to be in really good condition, so if there was there a scratch on your HP disc that's big enough to cause an error, I didn't see it.

Also, having downloaded and not deleted the logs of his older HP dump, I can't find anything to indicate an error.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I'd like you to dump Harry Potter for a third time just to make sure, and tell me if the hash matches your second dump.

11 (edited by ngxhackamster 2019-02-14 22:20:30)

No clue what it could have been but its my standard protocol if a disc throws any sort of error during playback even if it looks good to run it through a clean, also sometimes give the laser a good cleaning too with a cleaning disc.

I will rip it a third time, I thought it could have been disc-rot or just a misread from the drive but my second rip doesn't include any errors while this one does on playback. Could it have not calculated the CSS correctly the first round? It looks like its the same codes but maybe there is more in play here. When I am home from work I will re-rip it a third time to verify.

Examples:
Second Rip:
https://i.ibb.co/xMmtmyd/Screen-Shot-2019-02-14-at-11-00-48-AM.png https://i.ibb.co/zbCYrWf/Screen-Shot-2019-02-14-at-11-00-36-AM.png
First Rip
https://i.ibb.co/SBdMkCG/Screen-Shot-2019-02-14-at-11-00-23-AM.png https://i.ibb.co/85SR5XL/Screen-Shot-2019-02-14-at-11-00-16-AM.png

Apologies for these rookie mistakes I have been having, still new to this method of organizing.


EDIT:

I am a dumbass. In the VM that I run windows, am able to load in disc images and theres a bug where if I "disconnect" (soft disconnect to the host) a physical disc reader from my machine, it retains the disc name name and drive in Windows until it is rebooted. I had burned a physical backup of the iso with DVDfab and left it in my first drive (have 2x the same BD drives), and dropped the Original disc into my second drive so either DICUI was reading the burned disc or my drive had a fluke when it read the second time.

Again me=dumbass.

I reripped HP and the originals are correct.

Seems like DICUI did rip the disc properly on first round. The CPPM/CSS encoding is doing its job on the original ISO and needs to be decrypted like the original disc.

12 (edited by user7 2019-02-14 22:10:27)

DICUI can't detect DVD errors because there's no error checking mechanism in the DVD format.

You might have a bad DVD drive, please try another model.

No need to apologize, you're doing great smile

user7 wrote:

DICUI can't detect DVD errors because there's no error checking mechanism in the DVD format.

You might have a bad DVD drive, please try another model.

No need to apologize, you're doing great smile

Thank you! It was definitely my error as I mentioned in the edit above.

Just trying to fill in the large gap that is this obscure Genre of games.Finishing up 2 more new ones right now.