Hello, I have a huge collection of PS1, PS2 and PS3 games, some of them are present on the "missing dumps" list, mainly PS1 Italian games. I would like to contribute to your disc preservation program but I don't have a Plextor drive and actually I don't have any idea on how to do the dumps, so I hope someone can explain me how to dump my original media.

Thank you for accepting me. Please can someone help me to find a good Plextor drive (assuming that my HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSB0 LN00-29 it's not working for redumps) and to make my first dump? If it's not a problem please send me a PM with other infos. Just please remember that I can speak only English and Italian as my main language. Thanks again.

Plextor: PX-W4012TU, PX-W5224TA, Premium, PX-716SA, PX-716A || LG GDR-8164B || Lite-On SOHD-167D
HP (Toshiba/Samsung): TS-H353A - Kreon FW || HP (Hitachi/LG): BH40N - crossflashed with LG BH16NS40 FW || Sony Optiarc AD-7280S

Welcome Lizard,

Your drive works for dumping PS2 discs (DVD ones only, not indigo-bottomed CDs). You will need a Plextor for PSX discs and other CD-Roms.

Dumping guides are here http://wiki.redump.org/index.php?title=Dumping-Guides

All my posts and submission data are released into Public Domain / CC0.

user7 wrote:

Welcome Lizard,

Your drive works for dumping PS2 discs (DVD ones only, not indigo-bottomed CDs). You will need a Plextor for PSX discs and other CD-Roms.

Dumping guides are here http://wiki.redump.org/index.php?title=Dumping-Guides

Fine, at least I know that I can start doing some work with PS2 DVDs, i'll be checking out the guides on the wiki page. Now I only need to find a Plextor drive, searching on eBay the sellers asks more than 100€ for a compatible drive (damn, what's so special about these cd drives?)

Plextor: PX-W4012TU, PX-W5224TA, Premium, PX-716SA, PX-716A || LG GDR-8164B || Lite-On SOHD-167D
HP (Toshiba/Samsung): TS-H353A - Kreon FW || HP (Hitachi/LG): BH40N - crossflashed with LG BH16NS40 FW || Sony Optiarc AD-7280S

Plextors are the best of course smile They can read lead-in lead-out and high offsets to ensure proper dumping.

I PM'd you more info about where to get a Plextor.

Happy dumping my friend... efforts have renewed lately for a PAL PSX fullset and a dumper in Italy is great for us. Let me know if you have any questions. I wrote the dumping guides and would be happy to clarify anything.

All my posts and submission data are released into Public Domain / CC0.