Topic: PS3 mould codes/text

I've noticed that all of the recent PS3 dumps keep getting the mould code/text added to the data side field. This is incorrect. All PS3 games only have one mould code/text and it is always on the label side. I hope this can be fixed so that we don't have a database full of inaccurate information.

Here are some examples of different region mould codes/text:

Europe: IFPI 94xx
Japan: 453x
USA: IFPI QWxx

Re: PS3 mould codes/text

You can confirm this for all 3 regions?

I can confirm it for USA and Japan, but I think it's very likely that Europe is the same because there are some Europe dumps with the code on the label side.

For European regin i can confirm this. I have checked some of my discs. Need someone from Asia region to confirm this.

Sorry to dump this topic once more, but recently a US dumper told me that the is doubting that the Mould SID code for those US PS2 disc is starting with IFPI QW** its more like IFPI OW**.
I've done some googeling and it indeed seems that the Mould SID associated to Mastering SID IFPI L331  or IFPI L332 seem to be IFPI OW**. Check here

Can we have a final clarification on this please? Can a US dumper with good eyes please double check this?

usurper: this is a "Q" don't get confused now!

I've seen that as a "Q" before and i see that now again as such.
That musik-sammler list is inaccurate, i noticed that before as i saw them (him) listing NIMBUS sid codes with a number "1", in reality it should be a capitalized letter "i".

Please don't start now fixing all "Q"s to "O"s.

PX-760A (+30), PX-W4824TA (+98), GSA-H42L (+667), GDR-8164B (+102), SH-D162D (+6), SOHD-167T (+12)

usurper wrote:

Sorry to dump this topic once more, but recently a US dumper told me that the is doubting that the Mould SID code for those US PS2 disc is starting with IFPI QW** its more like IFPI OW**.
I've done some googeling and it indeed seems that the Mould SID associated to Mastering SID IFPI L331  or IFPI L332 seem to be IFPI OW**. Check here

Can we have a final clarification on this please? Can a US dumper with good eyes please double check this?

You've got to have a microscope or something to even see some of Qs or Os well enough to determine what they are.

I have already confirmed it is Q using a microscope a while ago. A microscope is too powerful for some PS3 discs, though, so you have to use a magnifying glass instead. I can see the Q's tail with just my eyes on most PS2/3 discs, so a scope isn't necessary.

Thanks for your feedback. I was just a little unsure while he insists it's O and the quick google finds I did stated its O in fact.

At least I have a reference now.  wink