1 (edited by diego-rbb-93 2022-04-02 18:45:48)

Hi everyone, this time I'm not posting to enrage or complain, at this point, for the best of this project,  I just prefer to speak to all of you have helped in all these years even if you only helped with one disc .

The reason I'm creating this post is because I would like to find volunteers or give a call to the old gang around, so we can beat all the remaining discs we can for Sony Playstation 2 Japan region.

As some of you know, one of the reasons I've fought so hard these years in Redump is due to my love to the Sony Playstation platforms and how much I value the Japanese region.

After all the efforts were concentrated in the last years over the Playstation 1 fullset, we saw our best dumpers managed to take down the whole PS1 Japanese retail set (with a few exceptions pending as always), while covering a massive amount of alternative editions/reprints/taikenbans/prototypes...

More than 10000 Sony Playstation 1 discs... 10653 being concrete, 4791 of them coming from Asia:

http://redump.org/discs/system/psx/regi … /dir/desc/

That astonishing number is about to be defeated, as Sadikyo is adding soon near 50 discs from PS2 japan... So the actual 10609
discs number will be higher than the PS1 catalogue.

http://redump.org/discs/system/ps2/regi … /dir/desc/

Some of you may not know it, but as part of a fundrising project I made in december, we were able to obtain more than 1000 dollars that Sadikyo spent directly into buying more than 100 discs from Japan. And now, the result are visible enough to post about this amazing effort that keep us fighting to see this set covered as far as we can go.

Around 300 games remain to be dumped for PS2, not all of them cost the same and not all of them share the same value. Some remain extremly cheap to buy, some are starting to be really expensive to get.

For this reason, I wanted to encourage the community to put efforts on this set, as we've seen on the past with other platforms. The most recent case was FM Towns, whose main dumpers have put all they had to the limit in order to take down the fullset as far as they could beat it. Sadly, the remaining games/discs from this platform have been expensive enough to slow down the whole thing.

Sadikyo is about to take a break after the massive amount of time and effort he put to dump everything he bought. I'm planning to obtain more fundings so we can push this again for summer (july-august).

So please, anyone who wants to be involved or is interested into buying something, the main key is to make sure you report what are you catching so we can avoid buying twice. At the same time, we can send you the personal Excel list that was created in order to track down every single missing game from the Japanese Missing list.

You can write here or join us in Discord. Thanks so much for your atention!

PD. There are essential names from these projects beyond Sadikyo that I didn't name because i don't want to forget everyone involved.

PD2. Missing lists:

http://wiki.redump.org/index.php?title= … sing_Dumps

http://wiki.redump.org/index.php?title= … tion_2_MIA

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what's the difference between "Missing dumps" and "MIA"?

Missing dumps are for CDs/DVDs that have not been dumped into the redump.org database, while MIA are disks that are already in the redump.org database, but ROMs (or ISO images in the case of a PC) cannot be downloaded from the Internet

diego-rbb-93 wrote:

More than 10000 Sony Playstation 1 discs... 10653 being concrete, 4791 of them coming from Asia

That astonishing number is about to be defeated, as Sadikyo is adding soon near 50 discs from PS2 japan... So the actual 10609 discs number will be higher than the PS1 catalogue.

No wonder MAME doesn't want to touch the PS1 software list with a ten foot pole. That and converting each and every dump to the CHD format, and the fact that apparently CHD, or chdman, doesn't support "weird" stuff like LibCrypt, rendering such converted dumps useless. Unless of course this issue has since been fixed, but MAME's PS1 database is hovering around five years old, mostly consisting of NTSC U/C games and a few demos and protos, with very few Japanese or PAL games in the list.

As for MAME's PS2 software list, 404 File Not Found.