Skip to forum content

Redump Forum

Disc Preservation Project

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Post new reply

Post new reply

Compose and post your new reply

You may use: BBCode Images Smilies

All fields with bold label must be completed before the form is submitted.

Required information for guests

Captcha image. Turn pictures on to see it.
Required information

Topic review (newest first)

I have been using a dat file from redump.org on RomVault to verify Sega Saturn games before burning them to physical media, and have successfully burned many games this way. However, I was unable to successfully burn Space Jam (USA). Here are my findings:
1) The zip file was successfully verified with RomVault using the following dat file from Redump.org: Sega - Saturn - Datfile (2264) (2020-03-10 19-38-57).dat
2) First attempt: using notebook #1's internal disc drive, on linux, using cdrdao write --swap --speed 2 'Space Jam (USA).cue'. Result: error message 'Index out of range' even before checking it there is a disc in the drive.
3) Second attempt: using notebook #2's internal disc drive, on windows 7, using imgburn. Result: "I/O Error" message after 45% burning.
4) Third attempt: using notebook #2 with an external disc drive, on windows 7, using imgburn. Result: CD burning completed, but the game didn't work in the console.
5) Fourth attempt: mounted the image onto a virtual disc drive; dumped the virtual disc to a cue+bin pair using imgburn (on windows); burned the CD using notebook #1's internal disc drive, on linux, using cdrdao write --swap --speed 2 'Space Jam (USA).cue'. Result: CD burning completed, the game worked in the console, but there is no in-game announcer voice.
6) The image from the zip file works fine on an emulator (mednafen), and the in-game announcer voice is there.
7) The image I created on my fourth attempt (above) also works on the emulator, but there is no in-game announcer voice.

Currently installed 6 official extensions. Copyright © 2003–2009 PunBB.