Skip to forum content

Redump Forum

Disc Preservation Project

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Post new reply

Post new reply

Compose and post your new reply

You may use: BBCode Images Smilies

All fields with bold label must be completed before the form is submitted.

Required information for guests

Captcha image. Turn pictures on to see it.
Required information

Topic review (newest first)

Another thing to be aware of is the complete path where you are saving the files:
I.E. "C:\MY_DOCUMENTS\YOURNAME\GAMES\RENAME_GROUP\NEOGEO\LONG_NAME_OF_THE_FILE.EXT"
I think there's a characters limit for this. Maybe you could try with a shorter path.

I did some testing...

I replaced the "~" with "-", it didn't work.

So I tried to shorten the game name in the DAT (without changing the files names).

And it worked wink

I hadthis problem with :

Art of Fighting - Ryuuko no Ken Gaiden - The Path of the Warrior - Art of Fighting 3 (Japan, USA) (En,Ja,Es,Pt)
Bakumatsu Roman Daini Maku - Gekka no Kenshi - Tsuki ni Saku Hana, Chiri Yuku Hana - The Last Blade 2 (Japan) (En,Ja,Es,Pt)
Garou Densetsu 3 - Road to the Final Victory - Fatal Fury 3 - Road to the Final Victory (Japan) (En,Ja,Es,Pt)
Garou Densetsu 3 - Road to the Final Victory - Fatal Fury 3 - Road to the Final Victory (Japan) (En,Ja,Es,Pt) (rev 1)
Garou Densetsu 3 - Road to the Final Victory - Fatal Fury 3 - Road to the Final Victory (Japan) (En,Ja,Es,Pt) (rev 2)
Garou Densetsu 3 - Road to the Final Victory - Fatal Fury 3 - Road to the Final Victory (Japan) (En,Ja,Es,Pt) (rev 3)
King of Fighters '98, The - Dream Match Never Ends - The King of Fighters '98 - The Slugfest (Japan) (En,Ja)
RB2 - The Newcomers - Real Bout Garou Densetsu 2 - RB2 - The Newcomers - Real Bout Fatal Fury 2 (Japan) (En,Ja)

Hi everyone,

I am using a rom manager to sort and organize my roms.
I discovered that if there is the special character "~" and the name of the game is long then it is messing with windows's filesystem.

Example :

RB2 - The Newcomers - Real Bout Garou Densetsu 2 ~ RB2 - The Newcomers - Real Bout Fatal Fury 2 (Japan) (En,Ja)

Because the rom manager create a directory with this name.
If I create manually the directory, windows is behaving strangely, it closes explorer.exe

Could we maybe replace the "~" with another character ?

Currently installed 6 official extensions. Copyright © 2003–2009 PunBB.