Skip to forum content

Redump Forum

Disc Preservation Project

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Post new reply

Post new reply

Compose and post your new reply

You may use: BBCode Images Smilies

All fields with bold label must be completed before the form is submitted.

Required information for guests

Captcha image. Turn pictures on to see it.
Required information

Topic review (newest first)

Finally managed to get some drives.. 3x PX-716A. Not tested yet as I don't have ide to sata/usb adapter. https://imgur.com/a/jGFLi1g $75 incl shipping. good deal?

Found the invite link only to realise I was already on that server. I didn't know it was connected to redump.
I'm there. please advise me towards a better deal if any smile

If you hop on the discord we can help you find a deal. 30$ is a good deal, 40$ isn't uncommon, 50-60$ is common for compatible plextors.

$100 is a little bit too much if you ask me, but in the end its of course up to you how much money you are willing to spend for something smile

Welcome, obtain your password here.

(check the spam folder in case there will be no message in your inbox)

Please make sure you read and understand the dumping process and the way you have to submit the dumping logs before posting your dump info.
Dumping-Guides

Feel free to ask question on the forum, or via Discord about how to get started preserving games with Redump:
Discord

From the drives on the wiki page, I could only find this model to buy right away and without hassle, for around ~$100, which I am willing to spend.
PX-712SA
good deal ?

Hello. I'd like to share a bit of my free time for contributing to this project. I found at least 20-25 game (IBM PC) discs sold locally that I could add to the database. Need guidance just with selecting the best external (or internal, if sata to usb enclosures work just as well) dvd/cd drive for this purpose. It's possible I will contribute more than this, as I have  a decent amount of free time in the near future. Can give more info/proof of competence if requested. Thanks.

Currently installed 6 official extensions. Copyright © 2003–2009 PunBB.